I needed to share this with someone...

2»

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thank you for sharing, amazing results. Very inspiring keep up the wonderful job of self care. I have 49 lbs to go till goal, this more than encourages me. :):)
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Such hard work paying off!!! Congrats!
  • skinnynicky53
    skinnynicky53 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi! I’m curious to know more about the fasting part. Is there some science behind that? Great job! Thanks for sharing :)
  • cyndican
    cyndican Posts: 14 Member
    yes! thats what ive experienced recently
  • righty_tighty
    righty_tighty Posts: 25 Member
    Hi! I’m curious to know more about the fasting part. Is there some science behind that? Great job! Thanks for sharing :)

Sure! If you’ll just research ‘intermittent fasting’ you can find a lot of scientifically backed info (not sites selling you powders or pills). I have a dear friend who developed diabetes, whose doctor recommended it for her. It sort or assists you pancreas in insulin modification...I’ll mess up the explanation, but speaking as a person who has tried EVERY diet and weight loss plan, this has worked so wonderfully for me!

There are a few kinds of intermittent fasting, some where you don’t eat for a 24 Hour period each week, some where you eat 600 calories 2 days a week... I don’t eat for 14 hours a day, every day. I have dinner by 6pm and breakfast at 8am, and I stay under 1,500 calories. That’s it.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Fantastic! Way to take care of YOU, mom :) Awesome job. Keep it up!!!
  • conica87
    conica87 Posts: 3 Member
    Do you have a certain meal plan?
  • righty_tighty
    righty_tighty Posts: 25 Member
    conica87 wrote: »
    Do you have a certain meal plan?

I don’t - I have protein at every meal and I just opt for a healthy version of what I want to eat (chicken baked in breadcrumbs instead of fried, plain rice flavored with lemon juice and herbs instead of bullion). That totally gets me past the mental block of feeling denied. I also drink a gallon of water a day. THAT will make it break the scale for me. If I don’t drink water all day or I wind up with a high sodium count for the day, my scale goes up 1-3 pounds overnight.
  • LuvUbutGoodbyeCarbs
    LuvUbutGoodbyeCarbs Posts: 23 Member
    Really great work!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    I would need to share that with someone too!
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2018
    Just curious how often do you get weighed? And what about exercise?
    Great Job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!