Mirena IUD and Weight Gain/Loss

13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    Best BC by far out of all the ones I've tried was my partner getting a vasectomy.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    My Mirena gives me epic, pregnancy-level food cravings that are hard to resist. Every month it gets a tinier bit better.
  • categ78
    categ78 Posts: 47 Member
    I had the mirena for 5 years,

It neither made me gain or lose and while I did secretly hope I’d lose weight on its removal alas no scales stayed the same

I have felt healthier generally in my body since it was removed but my pmt has come back and is horrid so it’s all pros and cons
  • nicolehorn0114
    nicolehorn0114 Posts: 51 Member
    I think Mirena helped me lose weight. I don’t get crazy PMS cravings like I used to.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    I thought Mirena wasn’t eostrogen based and therefore shouldn’t have an adverse (or beneficial) effect on weight gain. But I guess there’s always the possibility of an outlier effect.
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2018
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I had a Mirena before I lost weight. I had a Mirena during the 2.5 years in which I lost 100 pounds. I have had a Mirena while in maintenance over the past year.

I lost weight by being in a calorie deficit and I maintain my weight by balancing my calories eaten with my calories burned. The Mirena did not affect that process.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2018