Hi from South Africa!

Options
November 2010 I weighed in at 134kg (295 pounds / 21 stone).

June 2011 I made 100kg (220 pounds / 16 stone)

It was hard work! If I reach 94.7kg ( 209 pounds / 15 stone) I will be overweight and not obese!!

At the moment I struggle a lot. I am trying to keep focused but it feels that I am not winning. I stumbled on this site and registered. Looks like a good bunch of people here. Now to gain focus again!

Replies

• BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep at it, you'll lose the rest of the weight for sure!

Oh, this site is full of alcoholics and drug addicts... LOL!!! NOT!!! This has to be one of the BEST support sites I've ever been a part of! Start making friends and you'll see a ton of support!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    i would personally like to thank you for the translations!! (stones, kg, pounds!)
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I'm a Zimbabwean living in the Netherlands and I've been using MFP for a few months now after switching from a paid site. The app is great for keeping track and the boards are fantastic for inspiration.

My starting weight was the same as yours! Also aiming for 95 to get out of the obese category, hopefully within the next 8 weeks!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • jaqui71
    jaqui71 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi, I am originally from South Africa too. Left when I was 5 to go to Rhodesia and then left Zimbabwe at 11 to come to Australia. I sure do miss all the animals of SA