Sprained ankle

carolinedb
carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
edited September 30 in Fitness and Exercise
I need some advice. I sprained my ankle last night, so I can't do a lot of workouts for the next week or so. I think I can still do pilates, but I don't know what else I can do to work out. I go nuts without a workout! Any help/advice?

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Ok you wanna rest it as much as possible because the more you try to do on it in the first week the longer you will be out with it.
    So ... stay off it ... ice/rest/compression.

Focus on upper body and core -- push ups on your knees.... sitting down and doing upper body ... and core ... :)
  • I would do exactly what Emma said, plus you can still do leg lifts while sitting down or even laying in bed, scissors, sit on the floor and stretch does and do toe touches, crunches shouldn't bother your ankle. I have a bum foot for about the past week, I feel ya! Do stay off it as much as possible... I did everything as normal the first few days, just with a limp. Ever since that, I've been paying for it. Take it easy and recoup. :) Hope your back up and around quickly.
  • I would definitely rest for a few days with lots of ice and compression therapy, when the inflammation has gone then start to rehabilitate it with a wobble board before doing to many other weight bearing exercises. There are plent of upper body exercises you can do to have a work out.

Cheers

Spencer
This discussion has been closed.