Net calories

Options
Based on these datas and I’m a 1,64cm 52kg girl, do you guys think that’s too much deficit to maintaining for too long? I’ve been on this about 1,5 year and not losing weight, just keeping it. Hope you can help, thanks! t6lvfcjwtyku.png
skfygh1c2k58.png
16srzu7sgagw.png

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If you've been doing that for 1.5 years and not lost any weight, you're not in a deficit. You don't really have anything to lose either...

Your calorie burns may be overinflated, and your logging may not be accurate - how do you determine how much food to log? Do you use food scales for all solids and measuring cups for liquids, or do you measure everything, or guesstimate?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Net calories of 283 is the same thing as just eating 283 calories...does that in anyway shape or form sound healthy?

Your calorie GOAL of 1,550 is your deficit...it isn't maintenance.
  • natginza
    natginza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’ve been tracking everything I eat for 7 years, of course I use a food scale and I’m not dumby about it what I eat and I use polar watch and smart watche to measure my calories burned during the day and workouts
  • natginza
    natginza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My polar watch is old so it doesn’t match with MyFitnessPal. Yes I use food scale and my workout is 1,5 hours of elliptical and the last came from strength training.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    reeeggiii wrote: »
    Your activity might be very overestimated if you don't lose weight while you eat 1200 calories. Otherwise your food logging might be inaccurate.

Might be? Unless there is a medical condition at play here the chances are slim to none that OP's CI or CO are correct, and slim just left town!

1200 calories and 1.5 hours of exercise with ZERO weight loss is mathematically improbable at best. I couldn't seem to take a look at your diary OP, is it open?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Would you be willing to temporarily make your diet public?

If you are doing the elliptical and strength training, those would be a lower calorie burn than high impact aerobics, so your exercise cals are at least overstated.

Your numbers don't make sense, you should be hungry and wasting away if you are typically eating 1200 cals and working out for 2+ hours daily. Without seeing your food log, there's really nothing else I can suggest.

All that. Your step activity doesn't match your aerobic/eliptical/etc. I realize that perhaps your step tracker doesn't record the steps. And even if you only did your steps an ate 1200 calories you would be losing weight light crazy.

That said... your BMI is --> 19.3 <-- What exactly do you think / plan /believe you're doing in terms of trying to lose weight? LOSE WHAT WEIGHT?

If you're not looking toned/strong/whatever else you're after... "losing weight at a deficit" is probably NOT the answer.

I didn't even notice the stats. Am I translating correctly, that's 5'4, 114 lbs? If it is then OP you can't lose weight because you are already very lean and your exercise calories are wildly overestimated, at least.