Want to give up..

Options
Three weeks ago I was 159.5lbs, started on 1200 calories a day - had an off weekend celebrating hubbies return went up to 163lbs by the Monday. Then down to 160.5lbs and today 161.5 lbs. I mean this is too hard, it is so hard for me to lose weight after my babies and I just want to give up.

Breastfeeding (not anymore), hormones (maybe), lack of sleep (definately) and not enough exercise (definately) are all my reasons but still I just think this is too hard. I have been dieting for 3 months and have only lost maybe 5lbs.

I am tired and worn out with this all..sorry for the rant

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    stress and hormones and not enough rest will delay ur progress.......dont fret, just look for green numbers and it will happen.....try a walk and it willl relax you :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You are worth a healthy body & mind! Everyday is a new day and take a look at that baby if you want more reason!! If you fall off, use this site to rant and get back up!! (I'm glad your honey's home!!)
  • KaceeDawn
    Options
    Don't give up! Ive been there and felt that time and time again. My list of things holding me back was so big I knew I couldnt fight it. BUT you can try and prove yourself wrong. Or you can not try, and GUARANTEE yourself right.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Don't let the scale psych you out!!! Most weight loss pros will tell you NOT to weigh yourself any more frequently than ONCE per week. Pick a day and an approximate time and do it the same day on the same scale every week. We take on water depending on the temperature, barometer, our metabolism, what we ate (sodium intake), how we feel and how much we actually drank and it is so normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds from day to day.

Relegate the scale, itself, to a lower priority and make your food and exercise diary higher. Keep track of all of your little hourly/daily victories about healthy choices and don't let the unhealthy stumbles bring you down. If you quit, you just fall further back and have to start from a worse position later and yo you dieting is bad for your health. It's much easier to say, I won't give up, NO MATTER WHAT I DO. So, you keep journalling your food, even if you eat an entire Baked Alaska every day for three months.....the next time you put something in your mouth, TRY to make it a healthy choice and keep walking forward and do not give up!!!!!
  • pbear1
    pbear1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I know I can't give up, had some toast for breakfast (instead of porridge) and now will get back on track and try and start exercising more. Hopefully will get easier when baby sleeps longer than 3-4 hours. I know its hard for everyone but it was just getting me down and yes I think I will put the scales away for a while.

I will get there .... eventually!