Might leave Weight Watchers - how to stay accountable?

Options
annabananaLA
annabananaLA Posts: 10 Member
Hi all! New to MFP. I have finally had to face the fact that despite the good that WW has done for me it may be time that we consciously uncouple. But I feel like I did get a lot from the fact of the meetings and the accountability that they brought. Has anyone else here made the same transition from WW to MFP? How did you deal with maintaining accountability?

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I focus on the Weight Watchers Good Health Guidelines but use MFP to keep myself accountable for portion control. I do incorporate many of the WW zero point foods into my diet. I just track the calories for them.

I was a WW At Home Kit member back in the day, and a WW online member at another point. But, I never did meetings. Just wasn't interested in meetings....
  • annabananaLA
    annabananaLA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I LOVE all of this feedback. Thank you so much for the helpful advice everyone. I’ve been repeating “I’m not going out like that” to myself all day @Mari22na!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    @Mari22na ...how did you "stop dieting" and "go back to original factory settings"? Since you are on MFP, are you counting calories? This is interesting.
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am a WW lifetimer and I really only go for the accountability of the weigh in and to see the friends I have made. I dont have to pay but if I did I would have walked away, this new program is designed to keep people going and paying forever.
  • teresap423
    teresap423 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I loved the WW meetings but could no longer afford the program and driving to meetings was becoming costly as well. WW is really about common sense eating. I’m with you on this journey of moving from WW to MFP. I worry about the accountability factor but it sounds like everyone here at MFP is friendly and about cheering each other on.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Maybe we need a MFP WW Dropout Group!

That's actually a great idea.

I'm not a WW Dropout, so I wouldn't be eligible.

But I can see why you would struggle with suddenly not having the meetings and the accountability they provide anymore. You could use that group as a substitute, maybe even find local members to have mini-meetings and weigh-ins with.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You can connect with people on here, add them and you can see their progress on your home page and like or comment on them and they to you as well. It's not really being held accountable to someone, but sharing and encouraging each other. Plus always someone to ask questions, lots of encouraging posts to read. If you log your food correctly it will help you to hold yourself accountable. Start slowly with just walking or swimming. The food is the most important part of this. Try to find lower calorie foods when you're hungry and want to snack. I just found some 80 calorie greek yogart that is very good.