Replies

• grandmanita
    grandmanita Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Chicken or Vegetarian Vindaloo (My Version)

1-2 C of cubed squash
    2 Tbsp of Patak’s Vindaloo Paste
    1 large onion, diced
    1 can of diced tomatoes
    1 red/yellow/orange pepper, diced
    1-2 chicken breasts (optional for vegetarian meals)
    1 can of chickpeas (rinsed)
    Saute onions, chicken and curry paste, add everything else, bring to a boil and then simmer until cooked, about 20 mins. Serve over brown rice, or eat on its own. I like it with a generous dollop of plain yogurt. Serves 4

Cals 185
    Fat 4 g
    Cholesterol 34 mg
    Sodium 356 mg
    Carbs 25 g
    Fiber 10 g
    Protein 21 g
    Sugars 6 g

One of my favourites, very filling, high in fiber and good as a vegetarian meal as well.

I cooked this for the family tonight. I admit that I didn't use the Patak's paste but it was still absolutely lovely. I served curry with basmati and wild rice and a load of Mango Chutney. It is hot and sour as vindaloo should be and a real winner.

Gets my vote.
  • jtbaddison
    jtbaddison Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump. Great recipes guys! I might participate on the next one...
  • tangledknot
    Options
    Squash Casserole

Ingredients
    1 small Vidalia onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
    Water
    2 pounds yellow squash, cut into 1/2 to 1-inch cubes
    Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
    1 cup good quality Light mayonnaise
    1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
    1 1/4 cups crushed butter crackers, divided

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a heated skillet, cook the onions, adding a little water to prevent them from burning. Cook until lightly brown, adding more water, if needed. Add the squash, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook until the squash is tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the mayonnaise, 1 cup of the cheese and 1 cup of the crumbled crackers. Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with remaining 1/4 cup of butter crackers. Bake until the casserole is bubbly around edges, about 25 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven and serve hot.
  • moonnstarz83
    moonnstarz83 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok so I know I am late, but here is a good one with virtually no calories that I would like to share incase anyone is interested in it.

Title: Mama's Squashed Crap (edited, it would be a 4 letter word that starts with an S)

1 zuccinni
    1 yellow squash
    1 red onion
    *Original Mrs. Dash
    *Pepper

* To your own taste

Cut up all of the vegetables in bite sized pieces. Put in vegie steamer (I use the one that looks like a statelight dish). Add Mrs. Dash and Pepper to taste. Steam until done. Serve. This is quick and easy! You can add more vegies if you want, these all taste wonderful tgether though.
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Vote for which recipe was best. The winner will be announced tonight!

http://www.scribbld.com/customview.cgi?user=whiskey&styleid=27146
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • nancye610
    nancye610 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Oops.. I forgot to announce the winner last night. Congratulations to jayce23 for her entry of the chicken or vegetarian vindaloo! Congratulations!

We currently have the okra challenge going on: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/316636-cooking-challenge-okra