Getting married!!!!

Options
I've struggled with my weight my whole life and it's just been a rollercoaster ride but I am getting married and want to start this new life of mine off on the right start! Looking for some friends I can share my journey with that can offer some encouragement and of course I'll give in return!

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Welcome! When’s the wedding?

Mine is August 2019, but for me this lifestyle change isn’t framed in terms of my wedding or starting my marriage, they just happen to align. Add me if you want <3
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My wedding in August 2017 was the motivation I needed to start trimming down also.

The only advice I can offer, assuming it isn't too late, is to start early and lose gradually. This way you can maintain as you go, and not adding extra stress from trying to lose too much too soon. I gave myself 9-10 months to lose weight, lost 20 lbs in that time and maintained through the wedding.
  • Carlyebb4597
    Carlyebb4597 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’ve struggled my whole life too, I’m now at the heaviest I’ve ever been and getting married in a year. It’s finally time for me to buckle down and lose the weight!
  • UNIQUE731
    UNIQUE731 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    Welcome! When’s the wedding?

Mine is August 2019, but for me this lifestyle change isn’t framed in terms of my wedding or starting my marriage, they just happen to align. Add me if you want <3

Hi! The weddings is September 9th of this year!
  • Nadspee
    Nadspee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Same boat here! I got engaged last October and we're having a planned elopement next March. I've lost 26 pounds so far and would like to lose 24 more before I start dress shopping! Really looking forward to feeling healthy and beautiful on my day! :blush: Did you see Emma Leth's HUGE wedding hat? Thinking about weddings and seeing your profile pic reminded me! :D
  • malpat1315
    malpat1315 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! My wedding is September of 2019 and my goal is to be down another 18 pounds before dress shopping in November. I've started looking at dresses and the style I have been envisioning requires me to have a smaller waistline and losing a little extra college weight never hurt anyone!