Stay-at-home moms 2/16-2/22

Options
Happy Monday, Mommies!

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day!

I'm hauling the kids to my mom's today b/c she has the day off (:bigsmile: )and I'm FINALLY getting my blood work done & donating my stored breastmilk to the milk bank! YAY! I'm so excited to be doing this!

Lori - your story of getting Harley ready was SO typical of me every time I tried to leave the house with Zeke! :laugh: I hope Dave made it back from Michigan okay!

Lyn - Good job with the cals on ValDay!! Woo hoo! I hope in the next 3 months you start seeing an even bigger change in your body! YAY!

Marla - Hello! Hope your weekend was wonderful!

Dana - I hope things are evening out for you or you are at least getting some answers on health care from somewhere! Hope the BF made it home from Ohio okay!

Hello everyone else! Talk to y'all later! Have happy, healthy Mondays!:heart:

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Mommies!

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day!

I'm hauling the kids to my mom's today b/c she has the day off (:bigsmile: )and I'm FINALLY getting my blood work done & donating my stored breastmilk to the milk bank! YAY! I'm so excited to be doing this!

Lori - your story of getting Harley ready was SO typical of me every time I tried to leave the house with Zeke! :laugh: I hope Dave made it back from Michigan okay!

Lyn - Good job with the cals on ValDay!! Woo hoo! I hope in the next 3 months you start seeing an even bigger change in your body! YAY!

Marla - Hello! Hope your weekend was wonderful!

Dana - I hope things are evening out for you or you are at least getting some answers on health care from somewhere! Hope the BF made it home from Ohio okay!

Hello everyone else! Talk to y'all later! Have happy, healthy Mondays!:heart:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in!! Do you have room for one more Mommy??
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options

We always have room for new mommies!!! WELCOME this group of mommies are the best...

Well good Monday morning all you AWESOME mommies...I had a really nice Valentines Day..We didnt go anywhere special to eat we just went to long jhons..lol but I was happy with what I did..I didnt want him to go all out...I got some new clothes n a beautiful necklace..

As far as my doctor n all that situation is goin ok...I should find out this week hopefully today if I have cervical cancer..I hope and pray its not that but like the doctor who did the biopsy said it didnt look good when she did the exam..I'm just praying....

I've gained weight cuz I'm eating cuz I'm depressed and I'm finding comfort in food again..I need to walk away from the food n say NO but it calls to me.."I will make you feel better" lol too funny I'm such a nutt..I hope everyone is havin a good day..
    3BB enjoy your day with no kiddos for a few have fun...I'll check in later today..Have a great day moms!!
  • sanifrey
    Options

We always have room for new mommies!!! WELCOME this group of mommies are the best...

Well good Monday morning all you AWESOME mommies...I had a really nice Valentines Day..We didnt go anywhere special to eat we just went to long jhons..lol but I was happy with what I did..I didnt want him to go all out...I got some new clothes n a beautiful necklace..

As far as my doctor n all that situation is goin ok...I should find out this week hopefully today if I have cervical cancer..I hope and pray its not that but like the doctor who did the biopsy said it didnt look good when she did the exam..I'm just praying....

I've gained weight cuz I'm eating cuz I'm depressed and I'm finding comfort in food again..I need to walk away from the food n say NO but it calls to me.."I will make you feel better" lol too funny I'm such a nutt..I hope everyone is havin a good day..
    3BB enjoy your day with no kiddos for a few have fun...I'll check in later today..Have a great day moms!!

Why, thank you for the welcome!

My name is Sandy, I'm a SAHM of two girls. I've been married for almost 13 years now & struggling with my weight all of my life. I've never been skinny, & I came to terms with that a long time ago. My desire now is to be fit, healthy & full of energy!! I've been working hard here at MFP since December & I've made some real progress! I just love it here with all the support & motivation!! I hope that I can add the same here at the SAHM group!!

lenece - I'm so sorry to hear about your exam complications! I hope that things work out for you and that you have the strength you and your family need to get through it all. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

I look forward to getting to know all you other Moms out there!! Have a great Monday!! :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Welcome to the group, Sandy! Your kiddos are SO cute!

Dana - let us know what the dr. says about your test results! Praying for the best!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy! Welcome to the group!!:wink:

Lenece- I hope things go well for you and a pray that you are fine and do not have cervical cancer. My thoughts are with you:heart:

3BB- That is awesome that you are donating your breast milk that is so great.:bigsmile:

Well my hubby was off Thursday and Friday of last week and my parents were home for the weekend., so I didn't workout and I didn't eat the best either. I forgot to weigh myself to see how the last 5 days went. I was almost in the 100's so I hope I didn't gain to much weight. I need to get back on track and I need to do it now. I am afraid I am not going to be doing well because things are getting crazy around here. We are trying to sell the house and my hubby might be traveling a lot so it wil be the boys and I. It will either be great for me to eat better or it will make me depressed and not care. I am hoping to join curves sometime in the next week or two so I am hoping that will help. I am just getting terrifed and scared to be moving away from my family. It's only 2 1/2 hrs but still that is farther then I have ever been.

Thanks for listen to me ramble on!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good morning.... weekend was okay. Got a new computer, but my typing shortcut program isn't working on MFP. And now I can't type to save my life!!! MUST fix.

Have a great day all!!
  • abetterme
    Options
    Morning Mommies,

Welcome Sandy!!

I am not doing the best. I have been dealing with a major case of depression, I have been on anti depresants for almost a year now and this past week my mind went crazy:sad: :cry: :blushing: . I went to the doctor on Friday and refused to leave until they saw me, I waited 2 hrs, but was finally worked into the schedule. I knew I couldn't leave without being seen, that is how bad it was. Anyways they upped my medication and drew blood work so now I am waiting for the results. I think I slept most of last week and threw the weekend. I did take all 6 kids to church by myself cause hubby had to work and I had to go to church, the 10 yr old was recieving his bible from the womens group of the church and I was also looking for some support also. The kids did awesome, it is quit funny when I can take all 6 kids I had 3 on one side of me and 3 on the other and the were angels and then there was another mother there with her 3 kids and they were running all over church and screaming. So how is it I can keep 6 under control and she can't even keep 3. Oh that just must mean I am doing something right.:drinker: :flowerforyou: (got to boost my ego some how:laugh: )

Hope everyone has a good day! If any of you have any advice that would be awesome also.

{{HUGS}}:flowerforyou:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Good Morning Mommys !!!

Hello Sandy !! Nice to meet you !!

Lenece~ You are in my thoughts this week as you wait for your news, prayers for good results and the strength for you to get through this time.

This weekend was pretty good we decided to have KFC fro Valentines dinner..... Oh Boy I never realized how many calories were in that food! Good thing I didnt get too hungry the rest of the day!

I bought TBL 2 workout video and I love it !! I want to go and buy the other TBL workout videos that are out!

I am feeling much better and happy to finaly see that scale going down !!

Well everyone have a great day!!!!!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    OK I have to rant real quick......I just called about my test results, well they said they should be there but they are seeing patients and cant take out the time to look in a freakin computer to see what my results are..:grumble: :explode: :mad: I know that they have other patients to see but honestly how long does it take to type in my name n birthday to see what the results are...I mean come on damn it *#&#&#&#&#&#&# ohhhhhhhhh I'm so flippin pi**ed :mad: :mad: :mad: I just want to know so I can plan my next move ohhhhhhhhh this bites..

Abetterme-I'm so sorry your feeling so bad..I know how you feel though..I went off all my antidepressents and sometimes I feel like I'm losin my mind..Been doin that alot here lately..I hope they get ur meds straightened out...

Marla-I hope you get the bugs worked out of ur computer..Good luck with that

Mzbuzz- You'll get back on the right track...

CrystalOKeefe- Great will power there at KFC I would of ate way too much I love that place...What is the TBL 2 workout..Biggest loser right was just wonderin I have 30 day shred but havent done it cuz I couldnt workout for week cuz of the biopsy n now I just need to do it...ughhhh

Thank you all for the prayers..I should here something today,,I gave them my cell number too so if I'm not home they can call me..I just hope its not bad but I have a feeling its not good..I dreamed about it all night n my dad who passed away came to me n my dreams n said "dont worry I will watch over you" I dont know what that means or if its just my brain doin strange things lets just hope he n GOD has a hand in me bein ok..I'll let you guys know as soon as I know...Keep the prayers goin I appericate them..
    :heart: Dana:heart:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Great to meet all you Mommies!! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I love the BL dvd's!! I have cardio max & power sculpt! Lots of fun!! I also have Jillian's cardio kickboxing. Acutally, I just did the BL cardio max one about an hour ago!! Love it!!

Have a great day!! :drinker:
  • Mommy2Girls
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I am hoping I can join in on this group as well!!

My name is Lindsay. I am a SAHM. My girls are 20 months and 5 months. They keep me super busy! I am in need of losing the baby weight and my goal is to lose 40lbs in total, but would like to get off as much weight as I can by April/May as we are going to try for baby #3!!

Prior to kids I didn't relaly struggle with my weight, but was never super skinny either, but since having 2 babies so close together I never took the time to lose the first round of baby weight, and now I am struggling - big time! I am in need of as much help and support as possible!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lindsay!! This is a great group, very supportive!! Good luck on trying for #3, wow you have them all close together. How do you do it? My boys are 4 1/2 years apart and its a crazy enough.

I bought a sportline S12, it counts your steps, heart rate, and calories. The problem is I think it only counts calories based on your steps. I did the Biggest Loser bootcamp and it says that I only burnt like 100 calories, so I don't know what to do. I have been entering it as a 4.5 mph very brisk walking and it says I burn 289 calories or something like that. I guess I should have forked out the money for a good polar F6 that I been hearing about that is like $100 instead of this $40 sportline one from walmart.

Any ideas??:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I am hoping I can join in on this group as well!!

My name is Lindsay. I am a SAHM. My girls are 20 months and 5 months. They keep me super busy! I am in need of losing the baby weight and my goal is to lose 40lbs in total, but would like to get off as much weight as I can by April/May as we are going to try for baby #3!!

Prior to kids I didn't relaly struggle with my weight, but was never super skinny either, but since having 2 babies so close together I never took the time to lose the first round of baby weight, and now I am struggling - big time! I am in need of as much help and support as possible!!

:flowerforyou:

Hi, Lindsay! Welcome to the group! My kids are 16 & 17 months apart as well so I understand the "stacked on top of pregnancy pounds" I also think it is awesome that you're trying for #3 so soon...as crazy as it is some days, I LOVE that they will all grow up together so close in age. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    For those who have your kids close together dont you find it annoying when people pass and feel they have to make comments like oh my havent you got your hands full I just dont get it coz these comments usually happen when we are out and the kids are being well behaved I always just answer well no actually its great fun. My son was a traumatic birth I had pre eclapmsia and he was born with the succy cup thing and I ahd a lot of stitches and a frightening time he was in distress when I was induced and they were speeding things up so I could avoid a c section (not the done thing where we live neither are epidurals wqhich I didnt get because there was nobody around to do one til it was too late) so it took me a while b4 I felt I could go through it all again so my son was nearly 3 years before we tried again so there is 3 half years between Jordan and Charlotte (she was a bad pregnancy very bad morning sickness then I was told I was high risk for downs syndrome when I was 15 weeks and at 24 years old I just didnt see that coming at all and I was tested twice which showed she was a normal little girl that was when I named her they didnt tell us over here what
    you were having but wouldnt have got rid of her anyway but it left me drained and resulted in iron deficiency and me basically doing nothing for the second half of my pregnancy which gave me the most adorable 9lb 8 oz chubby little girl) number 3 wasnt really planned I was breastfeeding and when I stopped when she was 8 months old never got round to sorting out birth control and oops a months later I went to the docs with painful breasts feeling rather foolish oh I think I may be pregnant it was really weird I was pregnant but at the time of my blood tests I was 3 weeks just which is really about a week after conception and they say you cant tell. So there is 16 months between Charlotte and Paige and its great they are only going to be 1 school year apart and they play so well together I wouldnt change anything except maybe win the lottery as I really want another boy but my hubby is booked in for a vasectomy on apr 3rd and I know it is the right thing as I am now allergic to birth control pills but I am sad at the same time it is like so final I wont be having any more babies.

Wow thats my life story!

Didnt do shred today but did my normal workout foot just about held out I have ordered myself some new training shoes (new balance ones) as I think that this is the problem. Its is half term next week and hubby is of for 3 weeks from mon so I got a busy week this week trying to get on top of all my jobs I wont get anything done next week with the kids home. I am going to get some extra exercise in while he is off probably try and get out for a 30 mins jog twice a week and maybe a bike ride once a week on top of my normal stuff.

Tomorrow shred first thing and then normal cardio after I have walked the dogs then I must shampoo the sofa the dogs have been lying all over it and it will start to smell doggy if I dont get it done soon.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Try having nine kids, Tazzy....we get all the oh-so-clever comments...

"Better you than me."
    "You don't watch much TV, do you?"
    "You know, they know what causes that, don't you?"

People think they're just soooo clever. NOT.

Oh well...I've gotten good at ignoring the idiots and going about my merry way.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi all. just reading the threads. but i don't have much to add as i'm still in my first week of mfp. i will say, though, that this program helped me a lot over the weekend to not over over indulge. that's not to say i didn't eat extra, just that i cd've eaten more extra. kwim? anyway, thanks for being such a great bunch of ladies! will check in again soon
  • Mommy2Girls
    Options
    Tazzy - I use to get that all the time when I was pregnant with #2 and #1 was only 6 months old. Everybody would comment how busy my life would be and how crazy I must be. I use to look at them and say, well with 2 babies under 18 mos I sure hope my life is busy, otherwise I think I might be doing something wrong!! Even now when we are out and about, people still comment. My oldest is VERY small for her age, so she looks a lot younger than she is and some ppl just shake their heads. I guess they don't have kids super close in age!!LOL I love having them close together and wouldn't have it any other way!

And I hear ya about difficult deliveries. I had an emergency c-section with my first and a scheduled c-section with my second. But 2 weeks after my second was born I was hospitalized for 4 days with PPH...Not fun at all. Somedays I think I am nuts to want to do it all over again, but I love kids!

:happy:
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Yeah I tend to just ignore the comments my own family thinks I am nutts We have 2 dogs already and are getting nother puppy this summer people will have something to say then when I am pushing the stroller walking 2 kids and 3 dogs. that is nothing to 9 kids though well done you I would so love to have more but my hubby would prob walk out I just have to settle for my dogs to satisfy that desire and I do love my 3 adorable kids I love being a stay at home mum well worth the sacrifice of a few luxuries. We also have 5 guinea pigs one lives in the house in my sons bedroom and a long haired bunny rabbit.

Mommy2girls I suppose I am lucky that people asume Charlotte is older than she is coz thats how she behaves and she is tall she is sooo confident she is 4 next month and she has been swimming with no floaties for over a year and 2 days after she turned 3 she begged to have her stability wheels taken of her bike and 1 hour later off she went on 2 wheels it was so funny becuase the people who live round the corner from us decided to take their sons wheels of his bike and he really couldnt do it he was 5 but they were looking at Charlotte whizzing up and down on her little bike and trying to make they son get back on his bike and try again talk about competative parents.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hi, no time to chat, just wanted to tag this so I could read later. So busy today, I hate it when the kids are outta school! :grumble: