Curious to see who uses Essential oils for weight loss

I've been using doterra slim & sassy trim shakes. I feel much better since I started drinking them. Just curious to see if anyone else is using EO's or EO products :)

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Shows what I know. I thought this might be about fish oil which also has no claim to helping lose weight.
  • gymbunny09
    gymbunny09 Posts: 69 Member
    I have recently just finished a stress management course for childhood trauma, we learnt all about aromatherapy and essential oils for our well being through massages. Definitely wouldn't consume any by mouth though :o
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    @quiksylver296 That guy is hilarious. :lol:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member

Agreed. :laugh:
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member

Agreed. :laugh:

Beat me to it. Love this channel.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Doterra is like a cult these days. I hate all MLMs but this one is particularly dangerous with some of it's ridiculous claims. But that aside - essential oils will not help you lose weight. Eating less than you expend will mean you lose weight.

Exactly! One of my friends sells it and just posted about using the oils instead of "chemical" flea/tick treatments. So dangerous as lavender is NOT going to keep those little buggers off pets!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Doterra is like a cult these days. I hate all MLMs but this one is particularly dangerous with some of it's ridiculous claims. But that aside - essential oils will not help you lose weight. Eating less than you expend will mean you lose weight.

Exactly! One of my friends sells it and just posted about using the oils instead of "chemical" flea/tick treatments. So dangerous as lavender is NOT going to keep those little buggers off pets!

I wouldn't use them to get RID of fleas or ticks that are already there, but peppermint can help repel them. (But Lavender won't :wink:) I use eucalyptus and citronella EO to repel mosquitoes. It works pretty well. Might not be as effective as deep woods deet or something, but repels most of them. It's nice to use in the evening to walk the dogs and I don't want to spend the rest of my evening stinking like bug spray. The "naturals" lines of bug repellant is based on EO's. They are pretty effective. I'm definitely not a fanatical oil sales rep, but they are more then just smelly fragrance. A lot of the chemicals and medications we use today were derived from plants. EO's contain those same compounds. Which is why some people can react so strongly to them if they have allergies to certain types of plants. It's also why it's important to research any interactions with medications before using them. They are essentially concentrated herbal extracts.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    Psychgrrl wrote: »

I wouldn't use them to get RID of fleas or ticks that are already there, but peppermint can help repel them. (But Lavender won't :wink:) I use eucalyptus and citronella EO to repel mosquitoes. It works pretty well. Might not be as effective as deep woods deet or something, but repels most of them. It's nice to use in the evening to walk the dogs and I don't want to spend the rest of my evening stinking like bug spray. The "naturals" lines of bug repellant is based on EO's. They are pretty effective. I'm definitely not a fanatical oil sales rep, but they are more then just smelly fragrance. A lot of the chemicals and medications we use today were derived from plants. EO's contain those same compounds. Which is why some people can react so strongly to them if they have allergies to certain types of plants. It's also why it's important to research any interactions with medications before using them. They are essentially concentrated herbal extracts.

It's also important to research the certification/verification that the EO is as it's labeled and is food safe. Which as I understand YL and Doterra haven't always done the best job at.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,138 Member
    OP seems to have disappeared