Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What do you think of the Tespo Vitamin Dispenser?

Judiththomps
Judiththomps Posts: 1 Member
Tespo is a Vitamin Dispenser that liquifies vitamins. I curious as to what the Fitbit Community thinks of this new device? I just purchased one (have not received it yet) and am not affiliated with the company.

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Tespo is a Vitamin Dispenser that liquifies vitamins. I curious as to what the Fitbit Community thinks of this new device? I just purchased one (have not received it yet) and am not affiliated with the company.

I don't believe you
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    I agree this sounds like a solution to a nonexistent problem. Also, I don't buy from brands that use artificial colors, so that's another problem I don't have.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tespo-is-the-keurig-of-vitaminsbut-does-it-work

...The company says the liquid eliminates “unnecessary ingredients” like artificial coloring, producing the “purest vitamins” you can take.

..Even more unclear is whether or not liquid vitamins are, in fact, more easily absorbed by the body. The company does not include links to any outside sources—and scientific studies on the topic are hard (if not impossible) to find.

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited June 2018
    A lot of vitamins are not water soluble which is a problem with that concept. I mean some are and those you could dissolve but the rest the best you could do would be a suspension. Even then I'm not sure they would be absorbed unless you drank it along with a meal that had fats.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Just eat fortified gummy bears. Almost all gummy bears are fortified now, hard to find the plain old silly kind.

maxresdefault.jpg.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Melting them into a solid block saves time.

iLszivw.jpg[img][/img]
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    edited June 2018
    Why would I spend money to liquify a pill??? Seriously, waste of money unless you have a medical condition that prevents the swallowing of anything solid, then you have bigger problems that a liquid "pill"
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    I honestly can't the the point in a Nespresso machine for vitamins.

However, more to the point I can't believe you get vitamin fortified gummy bears LOL
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    So basically, a gummy without gelatin. Not worth the price or the counter space. Gummies dissolve nicely in hot liquids if you want liquified vitamins.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    .............why
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I wouldn't buy it. I try to get what I can from foods. But to be fair, I can't be arsed with a Keurig either. I can't wrap my head around paying so much for something I can do for less cost and for relatively little extra effort.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy it. I try to get what I can from foods. But to be fair, I can't be arsed with a Keurig either. I can't wrap my head around paying so much for something I can do for less cost and for relatively little extra effort.

Not to mention the additional waste/trash produced by those capsule systems, since each one of those capsules/pads can only be used once.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    This is the stupidest thing I’ve heard of all morning.