I tried Weight Watchers and just couldn’t stick with it. Anyone else?

Options
2»

Replies

• alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did WW last year before they switched to Freestyle. I lost 30 pounds and the hubs lost almost 50. We ended up stopping because of some family issues that got us off track. When we got back in the game it was freestyle and we didn’t like it. I stumbled across MFP and absolutely love it. And the best part is it’s free!! I like the simplicity of CICO. I’m allowed to have a treat when I want to. I can spend my calories in whatever I want. But I usually eat very healthy. But if I absolutely have to I can eat a small blizzard for dinner and not be punished too badly
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @Tracydhc It's the answer for me, too. I was throwing my $$$ down a rathole with no results.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    My heroes are those who've found their pathway to weight stability. Right here. Their successful strategy is data points and stats. They're thinking long term success and gentle changes for the permanent WIN. There's no mind warp. I'm hyper aware of what good choices are but I have the freedom to enjoy any food. I just pay as I go, every day.
  • sky_northern
    sky_northern Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Zero point foods are designed to be eaten when hungry. The plan is not designed for gorging, only eating until satisfied.
    I got obese because I'm rarely satisfied. I could eat that mixing bowl full of fruit and then be looking for another snack in an hour. zero points food won't work for me.
    I think it's a know your self, and current WW won't work for me but calorie counting with MFP (i actually macro count, but same thing) works because I learn my limit but I can fit different things in.

• Annac863
    Annac863 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did WW for 3 months (Jan 2018 - March 2018) and ended up gaining weight. At first I didn't understand because I stayed under my daily/weekly points. It wasn't until I started back tracking on MFP that I realized while my points was low the calories was extremely high. I've been on MFP again since April 2018 and have lost 12 pounds. I wouldn't recommend WW to anyone.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Back to the fact that I will never knock WW. I think it is good. I just see, like people above, that the "free" foods can be abused.
  • ha9032761
    ha9032761 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was with ww and attended the meetings; people were struggling not losing weight with freestyle they were eating zero points foods and shred away from nuts avocados olive oil because they were too high in points. Most of the members did not know what a balanced meal was and the meetings focused on eating food jello with food Greek yogurt and 2 ingredient mug cake: I left
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I lost all the baby weight after my first baby doing ww classic, but freestyle was horrible. I eat way to many of those “free” foods and enjoy them. So they said you should be monitoring your servings. I am not going to double trac so I came back here.

My parents have had great success with WW. I do think the points system makes things easier for some to use without getting overwhealmed.

I do agree with others that WW counts healthy fats to high.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am not going to double trac so I came back here.

I do agree with others that WW counts healthy fats to high.

This.

I lost 96 pounds on WW and still go to the meetings and once-a-month lifetime wi. Won't ever knock them, but with Freestyle, I decided to see what my calorie consumption was. Not gonna double track, so I chose here. Every so often I track the day's food in WW and MFP to compare. I am always around the 23 dailies, and most days into the weeklies. So WW is not that far off, at least for me. Sometimes I'll have 2000 calorie days here and they're super high on WW.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My friend is down 40lbs on WW and loves it, so I signed up for 2 months, I think I actually tracked about 2 weeks and said screw this and stopped tracking, the following month I cancelled it and came back to MFP. I can't stand not knowing how many calories I've eaten. You could eat way too much or way too little on WW and not know it.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It worked for me on one of the older systems but only when I counted 0 point foods. I feel like they completely left out those of us who never learned or forgot how to "eat until satisfied". Uhhh, that's how I got fat in the first place. If I knew how to eat until satisfied, I wouldn't needed any type of program.