Air Fryer Recommendations

Options
REDMANIV
REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
Hello Fit Friends!

I am looking to find healthier options for getting that good ole "fried taste". For Fathers Day I am considering purchasing an Air Fryer.

Yes I know going away from any sort of fried foods is the healthiest of options however that is not the current question at hand : ).

For my fit friends that currently own air fryers would appreciate any recommendations as to what sort of model I should go with.

Many thanks.

Replies

• Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have a T-Fal Actifry and like it just fine. Haven't used any other brands. The Actifry was a Black Friday sale at Canadian Tire, so that made it an easy choice :smiley:
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Thank you for the share!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have the Cuisinart Air Fryer/Toaster Oven. It's literally become the only cooking appliance I use. I can air fry snacks, broil and bake meat and vegetables, toast bread....it's a miracle!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Dani9585 wrote: »
    I have a T-Fal Actifry and like it just fine. Haven't used any other brands. The Actifry was a Black Friday sale at Canadian Tire, so that made it an easy choice :smiley:

Ditto. I also got the basket for mine so I can "fry" foods on a rack.

The results are halfway between a fryer and the oven. About what I expected. I use mine for french fries a lot.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Dani9585 wrote: »

Ditto. I also got the basket for mine so I can "fry" foods on a rack.

The results are halfway between a fryer and the oven. About what I expected. I use mine for french fries a lot.

Thank you for the share. Does cooking your fries this way cut down on the calories.......I love fries but the calories........so hefty. Also when counting calories do you weigh out your potatoes before or after you have fried them?
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I have the Cuisinart Air Fryer/Toaster Oven. It's literally become the only cooking appliance I use. I can air fry snacks, broil and bake meat and vegetables, toast bread....it's a miracle!

Thank you for the share!
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have the GoWise XL and have been very happy with it. You can find a ton of healthy recipes on pinterest and I love doing veggies in it.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    REDMANIV wrote: »
    Does cooking your fries this way cut down on the calories.......I love fries but the calories........so hefty. Also when counting calories do you weigh out your potatoes before or after you have fried them?

It does cut down on the calories, however things like fries will need a coat of oil, about a tablespoon in an air fryer but it way less oil than deep frying conventionally.

You should weigh pre-cooked.