Healthy protein bars

Options
Detour Smart bars have 10 grams protein and only 2.5 grams of fat they are in the healthier end of bars I've tried and they taste great ☺

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I actually use a protein bar to bump up my fat because I tend to run behind on it. I have a Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Nature Valley chewy protein bar every day for a pre-bedtime snack.

It's essentially a candy bar with better macros than some other candy bars.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,900 Member
    Options
    Detour Smart bars have 10 grams protein and only 2.5 grams of fat they are in the healthier end of bars I've tried and they taste great ☺

SMART Protein Blend [Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, Calcium Caseinate, Non-GMO Soy Crisps (Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour)],

NON ubiquitous Protein Blend [Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, Calcium Caseinate, Non-GMO Soy Crisps (Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour)]

There: I would have been happier!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Quest

Word.
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars.
  • Kandisn29
    Kandisn29 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love Luna bars as far as nutrition and taste. I need to branch out and try some others!
  • kew1952
    kew1952 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use either Luna or Pure Protein bars.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    I actually use a protein bar to bump up my fat because I tend to run behind on it. I have a Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Nature Valley chewy protein bar every day for a pre-bedtime snack.

It's essentially a candy bar with better macros than some other candy bars.

Sounds tasty!
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    One bars are my favorite. I keep buying Quest bars when they go on sale for $0.98/ea but I think they taste and feel horrible. lol
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I personally feel any "protein" bar that has only 10 grams of protein for more than 100 calories give or take is a waste of calories as a protein bar. As a candy bar, sure, although knowing how protein bars tend to get priced I know it would be too expensive to eat two for a decent protein serving and too not worth the price for a candy bar.

Agreed.

If we're talking protein bars, then a significant amount of it's calories need to be from protein. 200 cals for 10g of protein ain't doing it for me.

NuGo bars are the best "hybrid" bar I've found. Not a protein bar, but not a candy bar, either... somewhere in between, but they don't have to be "choked down" (IMO).

Protein bars... clif builder are my favorite, but quest bars have a better protein:calorie ratio without a significantly worse taste (some flavors are noticably better than others, to try a few). For clif builder bars, the chocolate mint are almost good. For quest, birthday cake, chocolate chunk, and chocolate brownie are my favorites. They taste ok, but definitely have diet bar texture/consistency to them.
  • cbohling1987
    cbohling1987 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I personally feel any "protein" bar that has only 10 grams of protein for more than 100 calories give or take is a waste of calories as a protein bar. As a candy bar, sure, although knowing how protein bars tend to get priced I know it would be too expensive to eat two for a decent protein serving and too not worth the price for a candy bar.

Agreed.

If we're talking protein bars, then a significant amount of it's calories need to be from protein. 200 cals for 10g of protein ain't doing it for me.

NuGo bars are the best "hybrid" bar I've found. Not a protein bar, but not a candy bar, either... somewhere in between, but they don't have to be "choked down" (IMO).

Protein bars... clif builder are my favorite, but quest bars have a better protein:calorie ratio without a significantly worse taste (some flavors are noticably better than others, to try a few). For clif builder bars, the chocolate mint are almost good. For quest, birthday cake, chocolate chunk, and chocolate brownie are my favorites. They taste ok, but definitely have diet bar texture/consistency to them.

Try the Cookies and Cream quest bars, they don't suck
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

What I was going to say...

I want as much protein bang for my calorie buck as I can get.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Anyone make their own? Interested in recipes. The recipes I’ve seen online are fat bombs and thus come nowhere near the 10g protein for 100 calories mark.

I made some that were ok but didn’t love. 100g kashi golean cereal, 20g ON protein fluff + 1eggwhite made 4 bars 100cal, 10g protein. Coated cereal in beaten egg white before mixing in fluff, baked 300F for 20 min. Added cinnamon and sucralose.
  • Daveacpa2
    Daveacpa2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One bars are my favorite. I keep buying Quest bars when they go on sale for $0.98/ea but I think they taste and feel horrible. lol

I like the Quest bars, especially the Blueberry Muffin flavor. I find keeping it in the refrigerator gives it a better texture. The Quest bars are the most filling bars I have tried.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Personal preference plays a big role. I like quest bars briefly microwaved to make them a little softer.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I like Epic Bars. I don’t think they’re Protein Bars per se, but they’re tasty and generally fit my macros.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars and Kirkland Protein Bars.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    PHD Smart Bars Dark Chocolate & Raspberry bar is a favourite for me - great alternative for a normal chocolate bar, a little calorific at 237 calories, 20g Protein, 11g Fat and 0.4g Sugar. They are quite chunky, so filling and beats my old habit of eating a Mars Bar.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I’ve been eating protein bars the past couple weeks. Quest, pure protein, muscle milk (a little cheaper and tasty), and oatmega (also cheaper and has a little bit of fish oil for some omega 3s - not a big deal, but why not?)