Airport snack ideas?

Options
LauraSrock18
LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
edited June 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey All! Looking for some suggestions on snacks to pack for a 5 1/2 hour flight! Unfortunately I won’t be able to bring a cooler or lunchbox due to the amount of luggage I bring already

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Beef jerky and maybe a single serving of nuts.

I actually found a little veggie tray at the airport my last trip. I think it cost $7 but it was better than candy.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    If you have Walgreens in your area, they have their store brand snacks in small travel friendly packs. I try to grab a few packs when I have a trip coming up.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I always bring a water bottle for airport travel. I fill it up once I get through security. I always feel so dehydrated when flying. For snacks I like to bring trail mix. You can buy 100 calorie packs of nuts if you are worried about portions.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky and maybe a single serving of nuts.

Took both my ideas! ;)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Protein bars? I always bring tons of candy with me. But that's about it.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, protein bars, cut up vegetables.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Looking for some suggestions on snacks to pack for a 5 1/2 hour flight! Unfortunately I won’t be able to bring a cooler or lunchbox due to the amount of luggage I bring already

Ideally, I'm a mixed nuts and dehydrated fruit person, only that if I'm flying or am out sailing, packets of bhuja mix keeps me well. If you're not opposed to it, I highly recommend it. If not bhuja mix there are other variants of it - basically chickpea snacks. Oh and Gingins chewy ginger - I <3 Always the save, most times. If you have a special drink that you like - take it frozen - not sloshy, to last the duration of your travel.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    - bag of almonds/any nut with dried fruit
    - protien bar/kind bar/whatever bar you like
    - sabra hummus to go
    - water. Water. Water.
    - light sandwich

Those are usually my go to when traveling.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I agree on the bar. A nice beer or two before a flight....

But seriously, I would never bring nuts - what if someone on the plane has a nut allergy?

I would bring a protein bar, a piece of fruit, a bag of diced chicken, single serve hummus, cut of celery/peppers, hard boiled eggs or string cheese.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    just pack what you like in your carry on..put it in a small glad container or baggie....a turkey sandwich on low ca bread cut into quarters.....rolled up turkey with low fat cheese. . a 100 calorie snack...low fat cheese stick.a laughing cow light cheese wedge and a few crackers...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Don't they give you free snacks on flights? They always hand out free 100 calorie bags of nuts, pretzels, baked chips, crackers, fruit, etc.

I usually eat before the flight and am not hungry during so a small snack pack is enough. If you are flying during a meal time I would bring a bar or piece of fruit. Doesn't take up too much space in a purse.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I always bring protein bars (Costco brand and zone perfect) and jerkey. A trail mix has nuts, recirculated air could give someone with a extreme nut allergy a fit - but they usually disclose that before a flight just in case. Fruit is also a good idea.

When going through security I have mine in a gallon zip lock bag and pull it out of my carry on and put it in a bin. They run it through extra security every time.

I have also flown with a meal replacement powder if that’s your thing. Brought a blender bottle along and mixed up a shake after I got through security.

To be honest anything goes - you can bring food through security as long as it’s not a liquid. (Or you can bring a liquid food item if it’s 3.5 oz or less and it fits in a clear 1 quart size bag along with your other liquids)
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    firefoxxie wrote: »
    - water. Water. Water.

An empty water container. Can’t go through security with water. Fill it up once your through security.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Raw Almonds.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'd just hit the booze, then I don't care so much about snacks.

Sounds like a great plan. Why bring whatever snacks that you eat any other time while away from home when you can just get bent in the airport bar instead!

th?id=OIP.dR6RF78LZMPl0hAgWdNe_gHaFj&pid=15.1&P=0&w=231&h=174
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Fruit, protien or meal replacement bars, veggies, nuts, anything that is relatively dry is fine.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    firefoxxie wrote: »
    - water. Water. Water.

An empty water container. Can’t go through security with water. Fill it up once your through security.

Yes that's true. I was thinking of my own experience since anytime I travel it's for a client, which means they pay for my expenses. So, I buy water right after security. :)