When do you take your vitamins?

Options
Does the time of day affect the benefits of your vitamins? Just curious.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I take adult Gummy Vitamins. I can take them any time because they don't make me feel sick to my stomach.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    One a days I take in the morning, two a days I go with breakfast and dinner unless it says something different. I don't think timing matters but some of them do work better with meals and some better on empty stomach.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I was always told by nutritionist to bury your vitamins.. eat some then take them then eat again. This way if you do have a weak stomach you wont be upset from them and you wont taste them all day either.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    whenever i remember!
  • heyree424
    Options
    I take them right after breakfast. I know myself too well; I'll forget otherwise. Also, they upset my stomach if I don't eat something first. Doesn't have to be much, a banana or piece of toast will do.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I take mine with breakfast so I benefit from it all day
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    According to a recent article my husband was telling me about, you should NOT take vitamins at night. I usually take a multi-pack and split it; half at breakfast, the other half mid-afternoon.
  • jars518
    jars518 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take my vitamins as soon as I get up
  • McWilkie
    McWilkie Posts: 27
    Options
    I think it depends entirely on your body. I usually take mine in the a.m. sometimes before breakfast, sometimes after. But when I have taken them at night I haven't had any problems or perceived extra benefits.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I buy fancy vitamins AGH and they say take 4 a day, on an empty stomach.

They don't make me feel sick like my old walmart vitamins or my prenatal's.

Plus they help with my PMS
  • KarenCross
    Options
    I thought that night time was the best time for some vitamins and supplements (according to Dr. Oz). Do you know reasons we shouldn't take them at night?
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I take my vitamins and other supplements mostly in the morning. I have a few that 'll toss back later in the day, but not many.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I don't know if time of day affects it's effectiveness.
    But I always take mine in the morning.
    (Stresstabs advanced & had been taking One-a-day weight smart)
  • tncmom
    tncmom Posts: 79
    Options
    all day long! I had gastric bypass, so I take some with breakfast, some with my morning snack, some with lunch, some with my afternoon snack and some with dinner.

I take 14 pills a day to make sure that I get all my nutrients. If I took them all at the same time, I would be full!