►☼◄ nsv for me ►☼◄

Options
camy_chick
camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
well, today we went out for supper(first time having a sit down supper in MONTHS!).....and so yeah, went over on my calories.....kinda expected it.......BUT, had a pop to drink(been REALLY cutting back on that) and discovered

I AM OVER POP! i mean, i have had like 1/2 bottle of sprite VERY seldomly in the last few months. but tonight, i had that pop, and it was just too much! too much sugar, too much sweetness..........soooooooooooooo

I'M OVER POP!

YAY!

:drinker: <
water please :happy:

Replies

• hufflepuffin
    Options
    Good for you!! :)

I'm a recovering soda addict myself. I've switched to Diet and don't drink NEARLY as much, and I do intend to wean myself off of it. Just saying.. I know how hard it is to get away from. Congratulations!!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! The longer you go without it, the less it will appeal to you. Eventually, you won't be paid to have one!!
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is wonderful when you find out you don't want the sugary stuff anymore. That is wonderful.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    well, today we went out for supper(first time having a sit down supper in MONTHS!).....and so yeah, went over on my calories.....kinda expected it.......BUT, had a pop to drink(been REALLY cutting back on that) and discovered

I AM OVER POP! i mean, i have had like 1/2 bottle of sprite VERY seldomly in the last few months. but tonight, i had that pop, and it was just too much! too much sugar, too much sweetness..........soooooooooooooo

I'M OVER POP!

YAY!

:drinker: <
    water please :happy:

Congrats!! btw where did you get your virtual weight loss women?
  • camy_chick
    Options
    [/quote]

Congrats!! btw where did you get your virtual weight loss women?
    [/quote]

mvm.com make your person at your weight, and goal weights, copy and past the pictures into paint.....save it and add it like you do other pics...and no i don't remember what link it is for that....lol......check in the other forums. and THANK YOU!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    im probably going to get hammered here, but am i the only one that doesnt necessarily see this as a great thing. sure, not drinking "pop" (that sounds so weird, we call them soft drinks) means that you are having less sugar etc etc, but it also means that you have given up something that you used to love.

i honestly beleive that weightloss is possible without giving anything up all together. if i want "pop" (HAHAHA) then i will drink it, i will just make sure that i am still within my calorie limits for the day or if im not, that im no too far over (anything up to 100 over is ok to me) or that i have hit the gym on that day.

what this means is that i avoid drinking it for the sake of having a drink when im thirsty, which is what i used to do. but to me there is nothing better than having a coke with dinner.

i think there is far to much "demonising" of certain foods on here when in essence all that is required is a little moderation, rather than 100% abstinence.

however, if giving up "pop" was one of your goals, then congratulations for acheiving it.
  • middleofseven
    Options
    im probably going to get hammered here, but am i the only one that doesnt necessarily see this as a great thing. sure, not drinking "pop" (that sounds so weird, we call them soft drinks) means that you are having less sugar etc etc, but it also means that you have given up something that you used to love.

i honestly beleive that weightloss is possible without giving anything up all together. if i want "pop" (HAHAHA) then i will drink it, i will just make sure that i am still within my calorie limits for the day or if im not, that im no too far over (anything up to 100 over is ok to me) or that i have hit the gym on that day.

what this means is that i avoid drinking it for the sake of having a drink when im thirsty, which is what i used to do. but to me there is nothing better than having a coke with dinner.

i think there is far to much "demonising" of certain foods on here when in essence all that is required is a little moderation, rather than 100% abstinence.

however, if giving up "pop" was one of your goals, then congratulations for acheiving it.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on continued success.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good job!
    jane
  • Lecypage
    Lecypage Posts: 22
    Options

I agree with this. Everyone always goes on about giving up drinking alcohol to lose weight. Stuff that. I'm gonna drink my beer and enjoy every last drop. I'd rather drink beer and exercise it off dancing and running and enjoying myself anyway.

That being said, OP good on you!! I know where you're coming from, I used to drink about a litre of coke throughout the day because I honestly didn't enjoy drinking anything else. Now I barely drink it at all and I feel so much better, I sleep better and I'm much less sluggish. I think it's wonderful that you've broken your link with pop. Well done!!
  • camy_chick
    Options

it wasn't a goal. i have just aimed to drink more water. and with that, haven't been wanting pop. so i haven't been drinking it. and found that i don't really want it anymore. which to me remains a nsv.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!