Macros while traveling?

Options
LauraSrock18
LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
edited June 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys! I’m visiting home next week for my bridal shower and bachelorette party! I follow specific macros from a coach that are lower carb, moderate fat, high protein (120C/45F/150P) But when traveling hitting all three numbers can seem overwhelming. I was contemplating using the macros/calories suggested by MFP which are significantly higher so I can still have structure & be in a deficit, but also allow wiggle room! I’m currently at 1,485 calories but MFP suggest around 1,600 Thoughts?

Thanks

Replies

• FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Ultimately your calories are what will matter for weight loss, and we tend to retain extra water while traveling, anyway. Is there a reason you feel you need to focus on macros? Is there a reason you’re aiming for fewer calories than MFP suggests?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    First off congrats.

Secondly... it is only a week. If you watch your calories nothing bad will happen if you let your macros fall where they may.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Just focus on your calories.
  • LauraSrock18
    Options
    Ultimately your calories are what will matter for weight loss, and we tend to retain extra water while traveling, anyway. Is there a reason you feel you need to focus on macros? Is there a reason you’re aiming for fewer calories than MFP suggests?

Well my coach is a huge macros fan and believer, she gave me those numbers so I just went with it! I started off higher in the beginning but we’ve lowered as my weight has dropped! However, I did notice it’s a lot less carbs and calories than the macros suggested for me on MFP and IIFYM website!
  • LauraSrock18
    Options
    Just focus on your calories.

Thank you!

• LauraSrock18
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    First off congrats.

Secondly... it is only a week. If you watch your calories nothing bad will happen if you let your macros fall where they may.

Thank you so much!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    YOUR bachelorette anf bridal shower? I'd go all the way up to maintenance.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I barely notice my macros when at home :D
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I don't think macros exist when traveling.

But serious... you mention a coach - what are your goals?

Calories matter for weight control.
    Macros and calories matter for body composition.

In the grand scheme of things, macros will be insignificant, whatever you do with them, over such a short time frame.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I don't think macros exist when traveling.

But serious... you mention a coach - what are your goals?

Calories matter for weight control.
    Macros and calories matter for body composition.

In the grand scheme of things, macros will be insignificant, whatever you do with them, over such a short time frame.

So much this... If you're paying a coach, ask the coach.