PROTIEN POWDER ADVISE PLEASE

Options
Hey MF Pals
Please can any of you fantastic fit lots give me some guidance on protein powders ?
Have been taking phd every day for 2 years and wondering if any one knows of anything new and ideal for a little lady ?
Thanks all x

Replies

• huskydoo
    huskydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you are looking for. More protein per serving? PHD looks to be low per serving compared to others.

There are so many different proteins on the market and I have tried a lot. Personally I like Muscletech Nitro Tech. Milk chocolate flavored 160 cals and 30g of protein with 3g of creatinine monohydrate per serving. Taste good mixes well and not thick. Use it everyday post workout and if I am short on my protein goal for the day.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Protein powder can be a convenient and low calorie way to help you hit your protein goal. That's all it is.

What are you looking for exactly in a protein powder? What are your goals? I like unflavoured powder I can add to anything which doesn't affect the taste very much.
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I use protolyte. I keep chocolate and vanilla on hand because I like to enhance it in other ways. It's 105 calories, 1 carb, 1g of fat and 24g of protein.

I mix it with just water a lot when I'm in a hurry, but when I have a moment, a scoop of PB2 is great in either flavors and/or berries and unsweet almond milk :smiley:
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is what I take. It’s only 9g of protein per packet, so that might not be enough for some.
  • penneysfit
    penneysfit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Beverly.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I buy protein from VPA (formally Venom Protein).

The only thing is they're an Australian company so I'm not sure if they ship internationally.
  • imgritz
    imgritz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Native way. 120 cals, 2 carbs, 25 protein with no artificial flavor or color.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    I like MyProtein's Impact Whey, it's got no more protein content than most but it tastes better to me. I particularly like the coffee caramel and the coconut flavours.

My advice would be to pick up some samples and find something you like, before committing to a full bag/tub.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I like the flavor of pure protein brand and the price is reasonable too.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have 3 that I like
    Allmax Isoflex
    Magnum Quattro
    Diesel Whey
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I second MyProtein. Super affordable and tasty. They constantly run sales too. It's the only place I can find 2lbs of whey for like $14 Canadian. I really like the Snickerdoodle flavour!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I like optimum nutrition. I’ve branched out a couple times and didn’t like what I tried. So I think I’ll stick with ON. I get chocolate flavor and mix it into milk. Cost is also a factor. ON is pretty expensive but so are any other good ones that I’ve found.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Whey protein doesnt work for me so I use Garden of Life Raw Meal - it's vegan, 115 cals, 20g protein, 1.5g fat, 8g carbs, 7g fiber, 1g sugar. I like it because it also includes a probiotic blend. Taste is good, not overly sweet, and texture is great for a vegan powder, its not super grainy.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I like optimum nutrition. I’ve branched out a couple times and didn’t like what I tried. So I think I’ll stick with ON. I get chocolate flavor and mix it into milk. Cost is also a factor. ON is pretty expensive but so are any other good ones that I’ve found.

I haven't noticed that ON is that much more than any other.

Decent powders run around $10 a lb. ON Gold runs 10-12 per lb. Only reason I stopped using ON was because I really prefer tubs to bags.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just discovered RSP True Fit and really like it. The cinnamon and chocolate flavors are better than the vanilla. One thing I really like is that it has fiber from a fruit/veggie blend and probiotics as well.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like PEScience Snickerdoodle and peanut butter cookie. I also like Quest salted caramel and their vanilla. Even though I'm usually a chocolate lover, I do not care for either brand's chocolate protein flavor.
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition vanilla

Costco has it. Good with a banana and cocoa powder.
  • Just_Jon
    Just_Jon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use Bodylogix (decadent chocolate) whey protein. All natural (stevia sweetener). I wanted something that didn't have megadoses of vitamins dumped into it. I buy it at the local grocery chain, but it's on Amazon too.