Arizona teas

Options
Hello my name is Crystal I am 30 years old 5 feet and weigh about 194.my highest weight ever. I was wondering what everyone thought about Arizona teas? I have been drinking it for about a month now it takes the place of soda now. All I drink is water and Arizona tea.

Replies

• flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar for me, but as long as you track it and it fits within your calorie goals, need not worry.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    If you like them, drink them. I drink them occasionally. I mostly drink water. I'm really loving some of the flavored sparkling waters right now.
  • needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm going to haven't try flavored water.im kinda struggling with water. But I still drink it
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    They're OK, but I don't drink them but once in a while. The sugar sweetened types can be as high in calories as a cola, especially with the bigger cans they sell. The artificially sweetened flavors are ok.

• flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm going to haven't try flavored water.im kinda struggling with water. But I still drink it

I like Sparkling Ice brand drinks, or the Costco equivalent. 0 calories and they’re tasty.

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I find I drink more water with a lime wedge squeezed into it. At work, I keep some of the flavored water enhancers on hand to encourage me to drink more.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do you like them?
    Do they fit into your calorie and nutrition goals?
    Do you feel okay drinking them?

Those are kind of the three questions I use to evaluate my food choices. If the answer to all 3 is yes, then they sound like a good choice. If not then you might consider something else.

Personally I stick to diet soda or unsweetened tea, but a lot of this sort of thing is really just personal preference. Drink what you like :drinker:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm that weird person who thinks sweetened tea tastes like sweetened dirty water unless it's with milk. I drink my tea unsweetened. But it doesn't matter what I like. If you like it and account for the calories I don't see why you would be concerned about this. Drink away and enjoy.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Crystal I am 30 years old 5 feet and weigh about 194.my highest weight ever. I was wondering what everyone thought about Arizona teas? I have been drinking it for about a month now it takes the place of soda now. All I drink is water and Arizona tea.

Are these diet teas or regular? If they have calories, just make sure you log them and they fit under calories.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    After a run I find the cucumber one great. Sugar for a bit of an immediate (but partial) refuel and tastes great. I try to stick to the zero calorie ones on a normal basis though.
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you like the Arizona, why not brew your own? Then you could control the amount of sugar.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if it fit in your macros and you like it, thats all that matters. ive never had it. i refuse to drink my calories.

i drink water, diet lipton peach tea (5 cals), and diet coke
  • needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about making my own.i may buy some tea bags and try to make my own. In just happy I'm not drinking soda no more
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    They probably have the same if not more sugar than soda....
    Stick to their zero calorie drinks or buy zero calorie tea or sweeten yourself with stevia or Splenda