Looking for good pancake recipe

Options
suz155
suz155 Posts: 326 Member
Hi,

I love pancakes, but, every recipe that is healthy has that "wheat / all grain taste" and is very "heavy" I love wheat and grain products,,,,except,,,,in pancakes and waffles.

Does anyone have a good recipe?

Thank you very much

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Look at www.skinnytaste.com ...there are some AWESOME ones on there!
  • stephski07
    Options
    Hi,

I love pancakes too but English ones with lemon and sugar! You can have 2 which is 170 Kcals? If you're from the US may not be quite the same. :) Equal quantities of plain flour, egg & milk until it's consistency of un-whipped double cream, there abouts. Trial and error really. The key to good pancakes is a really good non-stick pan! I hope you find a good recipe! x.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I really enjoy Jane Brody's gingerbread pancakes. I posted the recipe on my food blog (link is in my profile). The original recipe calls for 1 cup whole wheat flour but I used half and half. I also have lemon ricotta pancake recipe on the blog which is fantastic but it uses only white flour.
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    Apple Cinnamon Yogurt Pancakes- From Turbo Fires Fuel the Fire book with a couple of my variations.

1 egg
    1 cup plain nonfat yogurt (i use fage total 0%)
    1 tbsp vegetable oil
    1 cup flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    3 cups apples, peeled and sliced
    2 1/2 tblsp honey
    nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray

combine egg, yogurt, oil, and 1 tbsp of honey until smooth. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to yogurt mixture and blend.

(My variations.i felt batter was waaaay to thick so i added about 1/4-/1/3 cup applesauce and kept stirring and added a little bit of fat free milk until i thought the batter looked a little thinner)

Spray griddle with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Ladle mixture onto griddle to make 8 small pancakes. Cook pancakes for just under 2 minutes each side.

Top each 2-pancake serving with sliced appleas and drizzle with remainder of honey.

Cal: 267 protein:7 carbs: 51 g Fat: 5g fiber: 2.5

With the variations I did, these are amazing.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    really? curious. Everyone I make whole wheat pancakes for likes them better & says they're NOT heavy after like dough pancakes.

Fluffy Pancakes

In a bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups low-fat yogurt (any flavor), 1 large egg, 1 cup whole-wheat or buckwheat pancake mix, and 3/4 cup fat-free milk. This recipe make 5 servings (each serving is 4 small pancakes). Have 1 serving now and pack away 4 individual servings in the freezer for upcoming meals. Serve with 2 tablespoons light maple syrup, 1 cup fat-free milk, and 1 cup fresh strawberries
    I like honey on mine - my kids eat em with powdered sugar (but they're not fat so they can)

Read more: Mediterranean Meal Plan: Week 1 - Good Housekeeping
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    I like to add vanilla and cinnamon to my homemade pancakes. Gives them a nice flavor with out a bunch of extra calories or sugar.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

They all sound awesome will try them out.

Thanks