Airport snack ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Jerky or some of those paleo jerky/fruit bars = yuck, I need a bucket. I don't care for them but you might. :p
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i fly all the time. i dont take any snacks, i just eat lunch when i get there lol (im always on the first flight out- usually around 5 am). i will buy a coffee and a soda once im through security though. on the very rare occasions my kids (20 and 12) are with me, ill buy them a treat there, since for them ... its a treat to fly and not normal lol

i guess if i felt i had to take snacks id throw a baggie of whatever (fruit, pretzels, etc). youll get a mini bag of pretzels or cookies on the flight though.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    String cheese is my go to snack. It does fine without refrigeration for several hours.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    firefoxxie wrote: »
    firefoxxie wrote: »
    - water. Water. Water.

An empty water container. Can’t go through security with water. Fill it up once your through security.

Yes that's true. I was thinking of my own experience since anytime I travel it's for a client, which means they pay for my expenses. So, I buy water right after security. :)

Yeah. And the SMART bottles hold up better than the Deer park or store brand ones.

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Unless my flight is particularly early in the day I like to get to the airport early enough for a glass of wine or beer and half an appetizer (if I'm traveling with someone) before the flight. If I'm trvaeling alone, or it's really early I'll just pack a protein bar and buy a large SMART water at the airport.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Jerky, nuts, or dried fruit. They're light, easy to eat & portion, easy to carry, and fit easily into the seat pocket until you're ready for them.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I always bring an apple, cheese, nuts, 3 large waters (buy after security) and a protein bar of some sort.

Just note that flying over borders (i.e., US to another country or back into) the apple may be confiscated depending on rules. Although this has never happened to me and I travel internationally at least 4-6 times a year it has happened to my friends.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I always just take a protein bar and buy a water once through the gate.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I try to eat before we go to the airport. I travel to the east coast with three kids. I hate the idea of packing even more stuff, haha. So we eat a meal, buy lots of water once we are through security and the kids usually buy nuts or chips ect...i don't eat on the plane, other than whatever free snack they are serving. By the time we land 5/6 hours later everyone is hungry and ready for the next meal. Works for us!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I will bring jerky or deli meat, hard cheese and some raw chopped veggies as a meal on planes. Or, I buy a salad in the airport, remove things from the salad that don't fit with my eating style (like I'll remove the craisins or sugary walnuts) and go easy on the dressing or just squeeze a lemon on it instead.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I usually use the airport as a treat day, and get myself a Dunkin coffee and donut. I like the protein bar and water idea as well.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    celery snack packs... it keeps fine it gets a smidge warm....Also apples. I get annoyingly dehydrated in airports so I try to stick to veggies/fruit with high water content. I do like to save calories for a chai tea latte from starbucks.

I think the denver airport- united terminal-second floor I found some pretty good hummus and celery/carrots/tomato/cucumber box for a reasonable price.
    Philly had some veggie sushi to go.

• categ78
    categ78 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sugar free gum for lift off and landing to help my popping ears
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'd just hit the booze, then I don't care so much about snacks.

Sounds like a great plan. Why bring whatever snacks that you eat any other time while away from home when you can just get bent in the airport bar instead!

That means needing to use the bathroom on the plan :s
  • mikeyceez
    mikeyceez Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I travel every week for business. I like to bring fresh fruit, almonds, dried fruit, rice cakes, jerky, or trail mix.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Every airport large and small has healthy snacks these days. Salads, fruit, nuts and seeds, usually a Starbucks or coffee shop with oatmeal. Don’t sweat it.