MIRROR MIRROR On the wall............

Options
Hello Fit Friends (We are all here together therefore we are fit and on our way to becoming even more fit).

Looking for positive statements or words of affirmation about what you love like about yourself when you look in the Mirror.

For me whenever I am shaving I love how I can see the definition of my cheekbones and how slim my face looks.

I also love how my shoulders and collarbones look, I can certainly see where the fat has melted away in both of those areas.

The scale certainly does not always tell the tale so share your positive finds and if you have not done so in a while go ahead........take a look in the mirror and search for that positive item.....it is there : ).

Stay awesome Fit Team!

Replies

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    I'm not too much of a fan of mirrors, but if I'm honest, I do also love how my shoulders and collarbones look as well as my arms.

• StopTheGroundhog
    StopTheGroundhog Posts: 53 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Good sentiment @REDMANIV.

Right, here goes...

OK....erm...yes, I like my arms and shoulders too. They are well defined even when relaxed and I know they're getting really strong too. They also have a bit of a tan, which reminds me that I am spending more time outside being active, which makes me happy.
    My nice shoulders also keeps me looking up top rather than at the monstrous size of my bum and thighs.
    Darn it....I nearly stayed positive til the end there.
    Am trying....positive body image still needs work.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like the way i can see my collarbones when i am at my goal weight (not so much now) but i will get there again!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I like seeing my waist because when I was obese I lost my hourglass shape and it’s so nice having it back again! Been in maintenance for over 4 years now B)
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like seeing my waist because when I was obese I lost my hourglass shape and it’s so nice having it back again! Been in maintenance for over 4 years now B)

Congrats on making it and maintaining in Maintenance mode! Looking forward to one day being there myself, thanks for the share!
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    mel35645 wrote: »
    I like the way i can see my collarbones when i am at my goal weight (not so much now) but i will get there again!

You are correct, we will get to our goal weight once again, so long as we stay the course and keep on keeping on! Thanks for the share!
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Good sentiment @REDMANIV.

Right, here goes...

OK....erm...yes, I like my arms and shoulders too. They are well defined even when relaxed and I know they're getting really strong too. They also have a bit of a tan, which reminds me that I am spending more time outside being active, which makes me happy.
    My nice shoulders also keeps me looking up top rather than at the monstrous size of my bum and thighs.
    Darn it....I nearly stayed positive til the end there.
    Am trying....positive body image still needs work.

I see many positives in your post so you did well. That strong trunk of yours will propel you to reach all of the goals that you set for yourself. Keep at it and that Bum will certainly began to shrink!
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    I'm not too much of a fan of mirrors, but if I'm honest, I do also love how my shoulders and collarbones look as well as my arms.

I wasn't either...I normally would not let my gaze fall below my neckline unless I had clothes on...now I look to see if there are any noticeable changes going on. The mirror can be our friend if we allow it to be : ).
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    This morning the mirror told me that I am looking pretty dapper in my size 34 slacks. this time last year I was not able to come close to buttoning these pants up. Now this morning I got them on and am on the last hole in my belt I had to buy when my pants size last increased....whoop whoop!
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! This morning my mirror showed me that the pants that I did not need a belt for 6 months ago due to how snugly they fit now require a belt to keep them from falling to my ankles : ). Almost time to go shopping for some better fitting clothes.

What say you?
  • jclawst
    jclawst Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven’t looked below the neckline without clothes on in several years... I am just getting started. I vaguely remember what it was like to look at myself in the mirror and like what I saw.
  • melissarose4
    melissarose4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello hello! Today my mirror showed me a face that looks slimmer than my old driver's license, which is good because it is time to renew mine!
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    jclawst wrote: »
    I haven’t looked below the neckline without clothes on in several years... I am just getting started. I vaguely remember what it was like to look at myself in the mirror and like what I saw.

Challenge accepted......go ahead and take a peak and search out something positive that the mirror showed you today.
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    Hello hello! Today my mirror showed me a face that looks slimmer than my old driver's license, which is good because it is time to renew mine!

Well hello there and that is an awesome mirror mirror share! You reminded me that my id is about to expire soon and I too shall have a slimmer face than I did last renew time around.

Awesome for you and thanks for the share!
  • REDMANIV
    Options
    This morning my Mirror showed me that although I think I have been doing some pretty good things in the gym that it might be time to start targeting my abs.........the mirror was very encouraging though in reminding me that I have taken off some inches off of my mid section.

What say you?