Replies

• Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like ice cream.
  • Rushinwgtloss
    Rushinwgtloss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, grapes and jello.. mix together and serve. Oh... add nuts (pecan or slivered almonds)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Just made these: https://www.thespruceeats.com/low-fat-low-calorie-blueberry-scones-2245755

And I got 31 out of it, not 24 (dropping batter by tablespoons), so each one is 57 calories. (Note: I used margarine for butter and ACV in unsweetened soy milk for buttermilk. I did weigh my dry ingredients instead of using measuring cups. Results may vary but not by very much...)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I like dried fruit, no sugar added. It works for me. Cherries, raspberries, blueberries, apricots, prunes,peaches, figs and measure by the 1/2 cups. A hard core runner told me to use dried fruit for the fiber, natural potassium. The fiber really helps satiety levels, 1/2 cup = 6 gms fiber avg.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What sweets do you enjoy? Can you fit them in your calories for the day, in a modified portion size? Can you fit in an alternative? Can you plan ahead tomorrow or for the weekend to fit in what you are craving?
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    on the stove top - melt in a pot on low the following - 4 tbsp coconut oil/ or butter. 4 tbsp no sugar added all natural peanut butter or almond butter, 3 tbsp cocoa. add non sugar sweetener *i use liquid stevia* to taste. mix until incorporated and pour in silicone mold /mini muffin paper cups - freeze, and in one hour VOILA - your own home made fat bombs. YOU know what goes into it so there's no mega bad ingredients going on *not that we don't like mega bad ingredients from time to time!* store in freezer in ziploc bag as they will melt at room temperature
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Fit sweets into your calorie and nutrient goals as you can
    como_agua wrote: »
    on the stove top - melt in a pot on low the following - 4 tbsp coconut oil/ or butter. 4 tbsp no sugar added all natural peanut butter or almond butter, 3 tbsp cocoa. add non sugar sweetener *i use liquid stevia* to taste. mix until incorporated and pour in silicone mold /mini muffin paper cups - freeze, and in one hour VOILA - your own home made fat bombs. YOU know what goes into it so there's no mega bad ingredients going on *not that we don't like mega bad ingredients from time to time!* store in freezer in ziploc bag as they will melt at room temperature

That comes to about 250 calories. I can have a serving of ice cream or gelato for less than that. And what "mega bad" ingredients are you talking about?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If you have the calories, anything you like will do. It's okay to eat sweets within your calories when you're dieting. When I don't have the calories but feel like something cold and sweet, I make my own "snow cones". It's very simple: finely crushed ice + low calorie flavored syrup (I like fruity ones with this, like strawberry or cherry). About 5 calories for the whole thing.

ETA: fat bombs is a triggering word for me. I made them once, and eating the same amount in fat bombs as my usual sweet indulgences would have resulted in nearly twice the calories. I got upset at how little satisfaction I got out of my calorie controlled portion and proceeded to eat the entire sheet trying to reach the satisfaction of my usual simple calorie controlled portions of anything else. 1200+ calories later I swore them off as the stupidest food gimmick I have ever seen. If you're not doing keto and using them because you're short on fat, they're overhyped (even then I can think of at least a dozen more satisfying high fat foods to eat than these buggers - 90% dark chocolate is a sweet example). YMMV.
  • thall9290
    thall9290 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing!!!!! Thank you!
  • donnabuckner78
    donnabuckner78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat Mayfield no sugar added fudge stixs, 50 calories and reminds me of a frozen tootsie roll or a no sugar added snow cream stik.
  • thall9290
    thall9290 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    What sweets do you enjoy? Can you fit them in your calories for the day, in a modified portion size? Can you fit in an alternative? Can you plan ahead tomorrow or for the weekend to fit in what you are craving?

I like any sweets. Planning ahead is a great idea!
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! Use to go for dark chocolate chips but it was hard not to pour some into my hand before I measured and after and when I was near the bag so now I go for dark chocolate bars and eat two squares or half a bar depending on my calorie allotment for the day
  • franthomforde2015
    franthomforde2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This one I love— keeps for a week in fridge.
    Mash 2 we’ll-ripened avocados. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli). Add either 2 Tbs. Honey or some other type of sweetener (stevia or agave). Dash of salt. 1 tsp. Vanilla flavoring. Mix well. Divide into 4 small servings and refrigerate. (I put into those mini gladware containers for lunches). This is a smooth creamy mousse-like pudding - healthy fats and yummy if you like dark chocolate.