Thank You Lord for making me strong!

Options
I apologize for the length of this post, but pray it will serve well...

My great Pals,
Once again my resolve is being tested, but I WILL, once again, leap this hurtle just as I have the previous! As you all know, I have been fighting an issue with an MRSA infection, on my left foot, for about two months. Innocently enough, this situation first showed its face, while performing Calf Raises, when I experienced a rupture of an old callus, on my left foot. A couple weeks later, an ulcer developed and I was dignosed with having contracted an MRSA infection. We've been treating this for the last month, but between the infection and my RA, irrecoverable damaged was incurred to the second Metatarsal on my left foot. Fast forward, I have now been told the metatarsal and attached toe must be removed. This is of some urgency as it is affecting my position on the Heart Translplant list. The catch is, the doctors say that the weak status of my heart is having a direct bearing on the ability to undergo this, relatively minor amputation surgery. For the love of St. Pete! If I listened to these doctors, my ashes would be half-way across the Pacific, to Hawaii, by now! Instead, I am in the middle of successfully completing this month's week of Progressive Overload Training, a heavy lifting strength training protocol that these same doctors said it is impossible for me to perform! SO, I told the surgeon that we needed to do whatever is neccessary to expedite the removal of the offending appendage!

You have ALL been so kind in your MANY messages and prayers, (a bit over 400 in the last month alone!), and have requested that I give you periodic updates, Ergo, I am making this post in hope that it will, in some small part, inspire those who are going through tough times. I have full faith that The Lord's plan for us is nothing but good, as are the plans of any loving father. I also believe He has not brought me through all this without having a reason. As one of my fellow Knights of St. Gregory continuously tells me..."Mike, The Lord is not finished with you yet!"

My daily prayer...

Dear Lord Jesus, it is my will to surrender to you everything that I am and everything that I’m striving to be. I open the deepest recesses of my heart and invite your Holy Spirit to dwell inside of me.
I offer you my life, heart, mind, body, soul, spirit, all my hopes, plans and dreams. I surrender to you my past, present and future problems, habits, character defects, attitudes, livelihood, resources, finances, medical coverage, occupation and all my relationships.
I give you my health, physical appearance, disabilities, family, marriage, children and friendships, and ask you to take Lordship over every aspect of my life. I surrender to you all my hurt, pain, worry, doubt, fear and anxiety, and I ask you to wash me clean.
I release everything into your compassionate care. Please speak to me clearly, Lord. Open my ears to hear your voice. Open my heart to commune with you more deeply. I want to feel your loving embrace. Open the doors that need to be opened and close the doors that need to be closed. Please make me wary of the needs of others and allow me to serve as your hands, here on earth. Let me be seen as your child, not through preaching, but through my actions, Please set my feet upon the straight and narrow road that is pleasing to your eyes and that leads to everlasting life. Amen.

Honestly...As I previously posted, does this guy look sick to you? Thank You Lord, for keeping me strong and giving me what it takes to carry on. ALL is possible through You!
0xj12n4xgsgd.jpeg

Replies

• Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Amen Mike! Hebrews 4:14-16 14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
    15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
    16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
    Praying for you brethren and for the HOLY SPIRIT to continue to bless and comfort you.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    God bless you Mike and I wish you a speedy recovery
  • ursula130
    ursula130 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hope you also thanked the medical personnel for helping you while you were praying. And the researchers who are finding new medication while are are desinfecting the next strain immune to antibiotics. :neutral:
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mike for posting this. Wishing you all the best!