Calorie Counting - decimal point missing?

Options
Hi, can anyone help me...since the new update there are no decimal points so I can't say I've had half of something, I.E instead of 1 crumpet I only had half...any ideas?

Replies

• 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This is where I do it :)kjrgu6tebjzc.png
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wait, what? I tracked .5 of a serving of something today.....
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Weird. My phone app lets me enter decimals for servings.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Since I always do entries in grams and pick the 100 g serving, I almost always have a decimal somewhere. It's weird that yours doesn't show it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Isn't the decimal point that little 'period' to the left of the zero button? Looks like one to me, and works just fine on the version of the app I'm using.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    There have been several reports of the calculator missing its icons after the update making it impossible to use partial servings. Try re-downloading the app if you haven’t already.
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I’m always doing .5 of servings or 1.5 etc
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I sometimes go to 3 places like .125 for 1/8. Works fine.
  • Blackwatch2000
    Blackwatch2000 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My spouse had this happen on his android. We updated our phones and his MFP keypad is out of alignment on the page and cut off, even if he turns it to landscape, he is unable to see the decimal point. He's been using my iphone or the computer to log. Tried deleting the app and downloading it again and it hasn't changed.
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Isn't the decimal point that little 'period' to the left of the zero button? Looks like one to me, and works just fine on the version of the app I'm using.

That's the issue, the decimal is off the side of the page and unreachable. It's a glitch in the update for some folks.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My spouse had this happen on his android. We updated our phones and his MFP keypad is out of alignment on the page and cut off, even if he turns it to landscape, he is unable to see the decimal point. He's been using my iphone or the computer to log. Tried deleting the app and downloading it again and it hasn't changed.

That's the issue, the decimal is off the side of the page and unreachable. It's a glitch in the update for some folks.

So he can't access the 1,4, or 7 keys either? That would definitely be a problem.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

So he can't access the 1,4, or 7 keys either? That would definitely be a problem.

Yep, it's a show stopper. I read where some other folks have no icons showing up even though they can see all their numbers. IDK. Hopefully, it's fixed soon. I wonder if it's just an android issue. We only have iphones, and no issues.
  • Blackwatch2000
    Options
    His numbers are cut off too. For now, we'll deal with it since he has alternatives. If I was paying for the app I would make a bigger fuss. It's been reported so that's all we can do.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you switch to the fraction option and select 1/2?
  • Blackwatch2000
    Options
    can you switch to the fraction option and select 1/2?

I will double check his phone when he comes home this evening but I am pretty sure he tried it and the fraction panel was also cut off on the left side. :|

Appreciate the suggestion though!
  • emmat80
    emmat80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    15is6ejs6i0t.jpg
    I'm having the same issue with the latest update
  • OncologyChick
    OncologyChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    ^^^^
    I have the exact same problem after the update!! When I need to put in my food, it's not a problem, because I switched to using 1 gram instead of 100 gram as a portion.
    But trying to fill in my weight is a problem. So that's something I do on my desktop..... :(
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I spend about a quarter of my time at work in QC. It never ceases to amaze me that my little company has better QC procedures than MFP. Yes, supporting many different mobile devices is a PITA. But it's something that needs to be done. And the Staging environment needs to match Production, for crying out loud.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    #features