Intermittent fasting : breaking my fast/overnight shifts

Options
Anyone else on the overnights ? Breaking the fast after 17.5 hrs with 6oz chicken breast... some string beans and one cup brown rice... dropped my avocado on the floor.... and no stores are open..... what do I do??

Replies

• itzmrfranco
    itzmrfranco Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    xh53utprmlfl.jpeg
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you have some butter or oil? Add that, and buy a new avocado tomorrow if you like. And stop worrying about meal schedule, you're not starving if you eat enough, and every day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Anyone else on the overnights ? Breaking the fast after 17.5 hrs with 6oz chicken breast... some string beans and one cup brown rice... dropped my avocado on the floor.... and no stores are open..... what do I do??

Cry that you're eating dry chicken and rice? That's what I'd do anyway :laugh:
  • itzmrfranco
    Options
    Do you have some butter or oil? Add that, and buy a new avocado tomorrow if you like. And stop worrying about meal schedule, you're not starving if you eat enough, and every day.

Cry that you're eating dry chicken and rice? That's what I'd do anyway :laugh:

I like the fasting my body fat has been dropping nicely. It works with my job as welll. As for chicken the string beans has a little olive oil on already. The chicken is rotisserie style... comes out so good and not dry at all. I promise
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear that - sounds delicious too - your meal schedule should be in line with your job schedule. But your body fat has dropped because you've been eating less for some time, not because you've been eating at certain times, or eaten specific foods.
  • itzmrfranco
    edited June 2018
    Options
    :smiley:
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you can, try stocking spare ingredients at work? Or bring a little cooler, toss some ice in there and keep at your desk? Doesn’t do much help in the moment- I work ON too and there’s literally nothing I can do but go with it and try to plan for a next time X_X
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I was reading earlier today about this. The 16:8 diet might help you lose weight — but it's not a weight-loss miracle. Where a study was done Two groups, one followed the pattern of eating between 10AM and 6PM, and then fasted from 601PM to 959AM next day. I would think times could be adjusted for ones awake/work schedule. They followed the group for 12 weeks. Study done at Univ of Chicago. Was an interesting read. [url="http://"]https://coach.nine.com.au/2018/06/19/11/21/intermittent-fasting-16-8-diet-weight-loss
    [/url]

Also compares to fasting like the 5 days at say 1800 calories and two days at 500 and so on.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I'd pick that avocado off the floor and eat it. It's too precious to give up on that easily.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I'd pick that avocado off the floor and eat it. It's too precious to give up on that easily.

10 second rule applies.