"IF" and little sleep.

Hey guys, i need some advice.

I started 16/8 fasting 2 days ago and have kept up with it. However, I have an 18 month old daughter who doesn't sleep well, and I've received 3.5 hours of sleep tonight. It's 5:30am and I'm soooooo hungry, I don't know how I'm going to make it until noon.

If you were in a situation like this, would you break your fast for the day? Or push through?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    IF is just an earing style. If it helps you maintain your calorie deficit then great. If not then you don't have to do it.

I would say look at your weekly goal, not just daily, you can eat a little more today if you need to.
  • taubrey9175
    taubrey9175 Posts: 4 Member
    I eat 2200 between 12-8 pm. I'm 245 lbs. I want to push through so I get maximum fat burn when I do my cardio here in an hour, but man it's miserable. Tough night
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I think you just have to get used to eating less (2200 would be "less" = calorie deficit - at your current weight, and you should be fine on that if you eat a balanced diet). You don't have to worry about timing of meals and exercise, eat and workout when you want to - you burn stored fat when you're in a consistent calorie deficit, not at specific times. But you should try to get more sleep - when you're tired, you'll be more hungry and less disciplined, that's a real issue.
  • Emw148
    Emw148 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm new to this, but green tea with a little cinnamon has been helpful for me
  • lcarrollccc1
    lcarrollccc1 Posts: 5 Member
    I've been doing IF for 3 weeks now and green tea and bone broth help me get over that hunger quite nicely! I have to get up at 4:00 AM for work (business trips) at times and get a few hours of sleep because I can never sleep well before those trips. The tea and broth, in addition to lemon in my water, satisfies me and pulls me through. Good luck!
  • braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2018
    Just starting up again but when I eat “clean” and count calories (as I am again now) i do IF during the week because it fits with my overnight work schedule but eat a “normal” schedule on the weekends. As long as it fits in your calories, it shouldn’t hurt you to break your IF for the day or even a couple of days if need be. Just don’t let it be an excuse to go over your calorie allotment. Good luck!