Time and goals

Options
Hello. I am a private person. But doing the same thing over and over hasn't helped me reach my fitness goal so I'll step out of my box tonight. Spent the last 4 yrs caring for my husband/best friend ever who had a TBI. He recently passed away and I find myself heartbroken, 30 lbs heavier and no energy to pick up the pieces. I must get healthier. Mind and body wise. I am at an all time low. Before his injury I was strong, independent, smart, fit, fun, funny, and looked forward to the amazing journey we were on. Now I see a tired, sick, fat, dull creature with no energy to get out of bed. Need inspiration. Have the time just need a goal that's going to motivate me. Why work hard at anything if I cannot get what I really want? I want my husband back. No pity. Just send me plan B.

Replies

• peak2beach
    peak2beach Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I'm also a private person, so I understand that posting this introduction was a big step for you. But you are here, and you took this first step, so I can tell that you are serious about making a change.

If you think that being part of a group working towards fitness goals, you might want to find a group challenge. I'm a Harry Potter fan and have enjoyed being part of the Hogwarts challenge the past couple of years. Recently I also participated in a challenge based on The Amazing Race tv show, and I think there is a challenge based on Game of Thrones. What I like is that the groups have exercise and healthy eating challenges, in the context of a supportive atmosphere. So you can chat with people as much as you want. If this sounds like something you'd like, you can browse the groups and see if anything appeals to you.

Would you be inspired to get back to the person that your husband fell in love with? I'm guessing he would want you to be strong, independent, smart, fit, fun, and funny again. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I'm sure he would want you to be happy. Do you have friends that you can exercise with? Maybe together you can pick an activity or race to motivate you.

Best wishes!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I think you should join in some of the things offered in the Challenge group. This will help you connect with other MFP users and also give you a day by day focus. You can also join in things such as June Self-Care, in which you need to set your self daily self-care goals. A major goal for yourself, would be to re-find yourself. Your strong, independent, fit, fun and funny self. This is going to be something you can work on on a daily basis. Small steps now will be steps in the right direction. You will find a lot of support, and hopefully also inspiration, on here.