Have lost 10lbs,had to have peanut butter. How do I NOT give in?

Options
How do I not give in when I have to have peanut butter? Lost 10lbs.

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    eat it Q_Q Life without peanutbutter sounds sad...maybe look into PB2 or peanut flour
  • Jedi_Jo
    Jedi_Jo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I include peanut/almond butter into my daily calories. I love it.
  • pe4sandra2
    pe4sandra2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HAHA! Peanut butter is my life. I know it's a calorie dense food item, but if you log it in and measure it carefully (which is not always easy to do...I usually use a measuring spoon and level it off), you'll be just fine. Don't be scared to eat the foods you like.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale and work it in. I eat it every single day and don't have a lot of calories to play with when I'm cutting.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I put 11g of Jiff Creamy PB in my oats every morning, and sometimes a second 11g ends up going from the spoon to my mouth too. Nothing wrong with it as long as you account for it.

But def use a food scale, a tbl of PB doesn't look like you think it does!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I put 11g of Jiff Creamy PB in my oats every morning, and sometimes a second 11g ends up going from the spoon to my mouth too. Nothing wrong with it as long as you account for it.

But def use a food scale, a tbl of PB doesn't look like you think it does!

There are few moments as sad as the first time you measure a serving of peanut butter properly (using a food scale), and find out how little it really is.

As to the OP, I second (or fourth or fifth or whatever) the repeated advice in this thread - eat it in moderation and fit it into your calories. There's nothing wrong with eating peanut butter.
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I’ve had 50 grams of peanut butter on toast for dinner twice this week. Still within my calorie limit. Yum
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy it and make it part of your allowance. There are far far worst things that you could be putting in your body than peanut butter. One of the better snack items since it last for a while.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Weigh it and eat it, and make sure you're consistent within calories. Peanut butter will not make you fat if you eat it responsibly and know what you're doing with your calories.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat a small portion not the whole jar and log it just like any other food.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I eat regular PB. I eat whipped PB. I have PB2. They all have a place in my diet depending on what my calorie accounts allow.
    No PB?! Nonsense!!!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I scoop chunky peanut butter on a spoon, squirt some grape jelly on it and call it good. (of course, I make sure I have room in my calories for it and I premeasured my haphazard jelly-pb spoon deliciousness so I know (roughly) how many calories it is... but I still have it!)
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    PB with sliced apples.... yum
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    pe4sandra2 wrote: »
    HAHA! Peanut butter is my life. I know it's a calorie dense food item, but if you log it in and measure it carefully (which is not always easy to do...I usually use a measuring spoon and level it off), you'll be just fine. Don't be scared to eat the foods you like.

Put jar on kitchen scale. Turn scale on. Take out peanut butter. The negative number is how much you used. I cannot stress this final step enough. Lick the spoon/knife (if it's a knife, be careful, but still do it).
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pe4sandra2 wrote: »

Put jar on kitchen scale. Turn scale on. Take out peanut butter. The negative number is how much you used. I cannot stress this final step enough. Lick the spoon/knife (if it's a knife, be careful, but still do it).

This is brilliant. I am SO using this method from now on.