What’s been something you have been struggling with on your weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• nicolehorn0114
    nicolehorn0114 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    saymyname2 wrote: »
    I'm actually scared of loosing weight. Its been such a fight for me.
    Im completely comfy in my own skin, I like who I am and how I look. However the drs. want me to loose weight in order to be healthier for an operation. I admit I love the energy I have now that im eating better and exercising more but as soon as I go down a dress size I panic and binge eat for a week or more.
    I clearly have issues :s

I think talking to a therapist is in order here. I’ve found it very helpful in addressing my bingeing issues.
  • jludwick78
    jludwick78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Beer. Definitely beer. It’s my stress relief and my social outlet. And now that it’s summer I’m going out a few times a week. Even just a few beers prevents any weight loss.
  • saymyname2
    saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Im completely comfy in my own skin, I like who I am and how I look. However the drs. want me to loose weight in order to be healthier for an operation. I admit I love the energy I have now that im eating better and exercising more but as soon as I go down a dress size I panic and binge eat for a week or more.

I think talking to a therapist is in order here. I’ve found it very helpful in addressing my bingeing issues.

I have one cuz im bat-sh it crazy lol
  • nicolehorn0114
    nicolehorn0114 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

I have one cuz im bat-sh it crazy lol

Me too! At least I’m not the only one. :)
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Staying in a deficit is easier for me than changing the type of food i eat or exercise. Getting moving is a challenge for me.

Moving gets easier with weight loss. The lighter I get, the more I move, simply because it's no longer uncomfortable.
  • the8BitGirl
    the8BitGirl Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Staying in a deficit is easier for me than changing the type of food i eat or exercise. Getting moving is a challenge for me.

Ugh, same here. I go through bouts where I exercise every day, and it makes me happy closing all my rings on my Apple watch. But it's Winter here in NZ, and it has been an unreasonably cold and wet one so far. My lack of motivation coupled with not enough sunlight just makes me want to curl up on the couch. I'm finding it easier to maintain good eating habits... I just wish staying consistent with exercise was easier. >.<
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Protein. I know what to eat, but hitting my protein feels like I'm robbing myself of the calories I could be using elsewhere. When I have 1800 calories, for example, it feels in my mind like I have slightly over 1400 calories, plus protein. It's mostly mental because no part of my diet feels like dieting other than protein, so it feels more like injecting protein into my meals then using the calories I have left for "food". It's as if high protein foods aren't food, but something mandatory I need to do.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The desire for late night snacks, and the slow pace of the weight loss. I am pretty god at talking myself out of late night snacks, but the temptation is so frustrating, and I am steadily losing, but the pace is glacially slow
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

That was actually the reason I regained some of my lost weight last year. It wasn't overt binging for me, more like intentionally eating more because being that small scared me and I liked myself just the way I was. The feeling was too uncomfortable and I wanted it to go away. I too started losing weight because I needed to for my health, not because I cared to be thinner.

This time when I hit that weight again, I'm prepared for these feelings and they won't take me by surprise. I will probably even maintain that weight for a year if I need to before losing the rest just to get used to being in my smaller body.

I'm glad you posted. I was feeling like I'm the only one with that problem.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    After dinner binge eating. I know it's boredom.
  • KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Getting to a low body fat%. Yes, I know how weight loss works (CICO) but in a nutshell: I used to be obese at almost 200 pounds and 43% body fat. I got down to 117-121 pounds (bordering underweight) by 20 months and was at 27% body fat with an undernourished physique. No MFP or logging at the time. Just undereating, kinda like a long crash diet. Within the past 2 years or so, I've been heavy lifting and logging. I gained half of the weight back and although I've lost more fat and put on muscle according to updated DEXA scan (am 151 pounds and 22-23% body fat), my ultimate goal is to get to 18% without becoming underweight and skinny-fat again. I'm kinda "stuck" at the moment.
  • ednabuckitt
    ednabuckitt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started a LCHF diet a month ago, and I am losing weight. However, I am really struggling with eating enough calories every day. Many days I'm not getting close to 1000. What makes it even more difficult is that I'm not particularly hungry these days. I know it sounds crazy to be asking for advice on how to eat more while dieting, but hope someone can give advice. Apart from perhaps finishing the day with a block of butter I don't know what to do!