Protein shakes

Options
I've been drinking premier protein shakes is this a good one if I'm trying to lose weight?

Replies

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Protein shake isn't going to help you lose weight, but a calorie deficit will.

The shake is fine if you enjoy it and it's helping you cut calories to stay in the deficit that MFP gave you.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes can help some people hit their protein goal with minimal calories (depending what kind and what you add to it of course). It is fine if it helps you remain in a deficit.
  • slmchowchow
    slmchowchow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn't drinking on that would make me gain. I keep my calories about 1200.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to make sure I wasn't drinking on that would make me gain. I keep my calories about 1200.

You gain weight by consuming more calories than you burn. I’ve lost over 70 pounds while drinking protein shakes 3-5 days a week.

• 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Assuming I’ve found the same shake you’re talking about they’re low cal and decent amount of protein which is good for meeting min protein goal and staying within cal limit :-)
  • aupston
    aupston Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have used premier shakes on my way to 80 lbs of weigh loss
    Good luck