Tips for the end of my journey

Options
jennacole12
jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
edited June 2018 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I am really slacking on motivation the last week and need some encouragement!! I am 1 lb from my first goal and 6 from my 2nd and while that should make me more focused instead it is making me slack off. Any tips to stay focused??? I am so close and it’s making me mad at myself for not hitting it yet!

Replies

• rcreynol3090
    rcreynol3090 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I made my goal on April 29, within a week had regained 3 lbs. A little readjustment and discipline, back to goal and more. Circumstances kept me and my wife from the gym for over a week now, but my weight has remained within a half pound range for that same week, despite a few meals out.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Stay focused on your goal, what do you really want and how badly do you want it?
    Keep in mind that the last few lbs are challenging and require meticulous weighing and logging.
  • jennacole12
    Options
    You’re right it seems like these last lbs are the hardest to lose. I have to be a little stricter over the next few weeks!

• Elfinnyx
    Elfinnyx Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The last few lbs are so hard! It seems to come off much more slowly because you have less too lose. Maintenance is also hard because you don't have a fixed goal anymore and there isn't that gratification of seeing the number on the scale go down. I was the same when losing the last few pounds, in my head I couldn't wait to be at my goal and to be able to add a few more calories back in.

I think it helps to start changing your mindset so that the number on the scale is only part of your goal. I started putting in things like strength goals, step goals and goals for meeting my macro targets. The weight still came off (slowly!) but I didn't self-sabotage because the other goals were things I could keep working on in maintenance.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    I hate maintenance .. I just cant get comfortable with it.

Today I am happy, why ? .. because its the 1st day back from my holiday, I will have put on about 2lbs of fat and am carrying an additional 4lbs of water weight. But now I get to back to a defined deficit, with instant gratification, a defined goal a daily challenge, motivation to loose .. etc etc. It is SOOOOO much easier.

When I am in maintenance the extra calories I give myself seem to escalate and I end up over eating, I end up justifying snacking straight from the fridge/cupboard. before I know it I have a 4 protein bar a day habit.

My mind wanders .... my tip would be to work out new goals, preferably one at least that offers some kind of instant gratification like the scale going down

Some people seem to use their range for mini yoyos and I think a lot of it is that it is easier than staying in a tight window of a couple of pounds (real weight; cancelling out spikes) around the target. Letting it slide to gain a little is easy and having a deficit to lose a few is easier than trying to stay even. Staying even is really just micro yoyos anyway. I dropped a little further away from my scream weight (original goal that was a max weight to stay at or below) so I could give myself a range without freaking out if I reach the top.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes but you are doing great, the end is in sight so keep going :smile:
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Thank you all for your help!! I really appreciate It and it does help me to try to stay focused :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100#, I’ve hit 99, but can’t seem to get over the hump. It’s not like that 1# would make a lick of difference, but I’d sure love to see it one day. Patience, patience and more patience.
  • jennacole12
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    My goal is to lose 100#, I’ve hit 99, but can’t seem to get over the hump. It’s not like that 1# would make a lick of difference, but I’d sure love to see it one day. Patience, patience and more patience.

Congrats!! 99 lbs is an amazing accomplishment you should feel so proud
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Your reasons to lose weight should be more than a number on the scale. The journey isn't over when you get to a number