Lose weight

Options
I am having trouble trying to lose weight because of the many health issues I have. Its the meds that I take that work make it hard. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What meds, and how do the meds make losing weight difficult?
  • catlover8035
    catlover8035 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a tumer over my putunitary glean it destroyed the putuntary the drugs I take replace the hormones. One of the sides is weight gain. I also take blood thinner so I must be very carefull how hard I exercise. I also have CHF and A-fib. This makes me get very tired.
  • mrsnightengale
    mrsnightengale Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m not currently on meds, but I do have pcos, lupus, and nerve damage in my spine. With food intolerance and limited mobility things go slow, but i push through.

I would focus on your food, and possibly talk to your doctor about options for being active?
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor as they know which meds you are on.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My meds make me tired and hungry. I need to be conscious of that fact to get up and move more regardless of what my head is telling me to do. I drink a cup of tea with sugar in it if I get hungry between meals, it doesn't get rid of the hunger for long but it's often enough. The doctor suggested several smaller meals no further than 4 hours apart but I really don't have the patience to prepare that many meals