New.

Options
I need to lose 30-35 lbs after a total hysterectomy. My metabolism changed overnight. Struggling with some hormone issues now so crave a lot of chocolate. Will be fun. I can do this. Some days might be a bomb. Some might be awesome. But immmaking the effort. Exercise is hard for me with my remaining health issues. So walking my dogs is about what I get besides running my home.

Replies

• tilsontat
    tilsontat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Stacy, you and I are in the same boat somewhat. I have the hormone issues now, in addition to some thyroid problems, partial hysterectomy and other health issues that are now somewhat in check. I am looking to lose around 30 pounds...depending on how it looks on me once I begin to lose the weight. My change in jobs has me sitting most days and I don't have the energy or motivation to stay consistent with gym workouts. BUT, we got this!! Walking the dog is good exercise, I let my dog walk until he is ready to come back in (usually get a good hour out of it). Stay motivated and on track. Every little bit counts. (I just joined and I am trying to drop a few pounds at least before my nephews wedding in August) - GOOD LUCK!!
  • thebryanhinkle
    thebryanhinkle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can do it, and your right, some days will be a bomb, but others WILL be awesome. It's a marathon, not a sprint, especially if you're changing daily eating/lifestyle habits.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm finally on track and losing after a hysterectomy in November. I was sick before surgery so I wasnt working out thus I put on some weight.

We've got this...one step at a time!
  • muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am also post hysterectomy - I had insulin/blood sugar issues before surgery and stacked on the weight. I am now feeling much better since the op and really hoping that I can get back to being 110% healthy :-)
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • Paws41
    Paws41 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • alancorey1979
    alancorey1979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me