Chest pain when exercising.

Helice
Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
When i exercise, as soon as a start to pant / get out of breath, my heart, lungs and throat start hurting.
In my heart it is like a stabbing pain.
Whereas in my lungs and throat it feels like the air is struggling to pass through them so its scratching and hurting the sides.
Does anyone know what i can do to stop this from happening?
Thanx.

Replies

• silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Are you new to exercising or is this something that always happens?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    SEE A DOCTOR! Chest pain of any type warrants a trip to the doctor. Don't play with your health.
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    I agree SEE DOCTOR re: any chest pain
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Doctor, PRONTO. And don't exercise until you see one.
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Are you new to running, this occured to my sister when she first started running and exercising, (she had not exercised in 8 years!!) so when this pain would come on, it was because she was pushing herself to hard, so I would tell her to stop and just walk, to slow down, with time and exercise, the pain started going away, and now she's a runner and daily exerciser with no more pain :) also always breath in with your Nose, and out with your mouth!! if this is not the case, then I suggest you see a doctor. good luck to ya!
  • It may be a thing called Angina that has the same symptoms as a heartattack but the symptoms go away. You need to go see a doctor before you do any kind of excercise and have a physical done. Not to scare you but it could be life or death difference.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    That's exactly what happens to me when I have an asthma attack! :P
    It's the worst pain! You could have exercise induced asthma, that usually gets better over time.
    I would still go see a doctor considering you used to smoke, it's always worth it to just get it checked out(:
  • Helice
    I have been to the doctor. and i have a tissue problem which can result in heart problems.
    And the told me that i have signs of it.
    But that its dormant and i just need a check up every once in a while to make sure it hasnt like come alive / w.e..
  • Helice
    Are you new to running, this occured to my sister when she first started running and exercising, (she had not exercised in 8 years!!) so when this pain would come on, it was because she was pushing herself to hard, so I would tell her to stop and just walk, to slow down, with time and exercise, the pain started going away, and now she's a runner and daily exerciser with no more pain :) also always breath in with your Nose, and out with your mouth!! if this is not the case, then I suggest you see a doctor. good luck to ya!

I use to live a VERY active lifestyle i was on my feet ALL the time from like 7am - mdnight,
    But then i became a couch potato for like a year and put on all this weight.
    But iv been exercising like every other day for the like past year.
    And im fine with walking and stuff. Its just when i like start panting.
    Like during p90x, etc..
  • Helice
    It's the worst pain! You could have exercise induced asthma, that usually gets better over time.
    I would still go see a doctor considering you used to smoke, it's always worth it to just get it checked out(:

I once went to the doctors to see if i had asthma after having something very similar to an asthma attack at school..
    But they said i dont have it at all...
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member

I once went to the doctors to see if i had asthma after having something very similar to an asthma attack at school..
    But they said i dont have it at all...
    Hmm, that's weird :P
    I would just say go in for a check up. Don't want to do any permanent damage!
This discussion has been closed.