Let's be friends! (:

Options
zombi
zombi Posts: 16 Member
I was born with a genetic mutation that causes a very rare bone disease. Because of this, I have been incapable of being very active my entire life. Despite that, I was quite thin until my teens, when I began to gain weight very rapidly. My lack of control over my body led me headfirst into very disordered eating, which I have struggled with ever since. After nearly ten years of living with an eating disorder, I have finally begun to embrace food and exercise. I recently received clearance from my surgeon to learn to run, and even more recently I discovered something astonishing: I like to work out.

The last two years have been marked by a real struggle with my digestive system. I am using Myfitnesspal to help me keep track of what I am eating, so I can link symptoms to foods. Sometimes I choose to eat things I know will make me sick, but I'm trying harder to be nicer to myself, these days. Myfitnesspal is also helping to keep me accountable to myself and make better choices. My goal is to finally do something I have always wanted to do: become a runner!

So let's be friends and enjoy some healthy encouragement that is less about weight loss and more about making good choices for ourselves (:

Replies

• marcyj
    marcyj Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to reform that self-destructive ED mindset into something positive. I'm so proud of you! <3 We should TOTALLY be friends! ;)
  • zombi
    Options
    What a kidder, friend-who-brought-me-here! ;)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    That's great that you got the okay to start working out, and that you enjoy it! :smile:
    So let's be friends and enjoy some healthy encouragement that is less about weight loss and more about making good choices for ourselves (:
    I'm using MFP for the same reason, no weight to lose but I would like to improve fitness. I'm new and not quite sure how this friend thing works, but I'll attempt to send you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • zombi
    Options
    Just a note to add before anyone else adds me -- if you post something that is triggering to me, I will remove you. I am in recovery from my eating disorder and I would like to keep it that way! I want to be HEALTHY together, not LOSE WEIGHT together... and sometimes those are mutually exclusive!