Gluten and Dairy free recipes!!

musicalsoul50
musicalsoul50 Posts: 1 Member
My friend and I have started a lifestyle that is compatible with her food allergies helping us to lose weight and become healthier! We cannot consume Dairy, Gluten, Corn, Pastas, and Sodas. Thank you!!

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Try LivingLovingPaleo.com or AgainstAllGrain.com. I like they're recipes.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Why no pasta? There are several gluten-free pasta options that don't contain corn.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    My Girlfriend is both GF and DF. We find the easiest way to avoid it is to just use alternatives where necessary and cook from scratch.

Very few dishes 'need' either of those.

We get aolt of our recipes from a book called NOSH Gluten free. Available on amazon. Most are also df or easy to substitute with an alternative.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited June 2018
    Are you allergic to dairy, gluten, corn, pasta and soda too? I understand supporting a friend if you're eating together or preparing food to eat with her, but why make restrictions on your own intake if not necessary?

Most of my meals are based around a protein source with lots of vegies plus something to add fat.... I don't avoid any of the things you've cut out, but don't typically eat a lot of any of them (with the exception of dairy).
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    Just stick to Asian food. Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malaysian if you avoid the wheat noodle dishes.
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Google paleo recipes and then add rice or potatoes to the dish.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Just stick to Asian food. Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malaysian if you avoid the wheat noodle dishes.

Terrible advice, soy sauce is not gluten free. Thai you can maybe get away with but you still need to be careful.

I have ceoliac and I eat a lot of rice based (risotto and paella) or potato based dishes with a protein and vegetables. Gluten/dairy free pasta is sometimes rice-based so that might be another option for you.