Help! Need help with diet!

Options
Been so n a diet and been exercising for 8 weeks now and I’m only down 5 pounds and 3 inches overall. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• jennielyn2845
    jennielyn2845 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. I just hope you saw the edit that came like two seconds later because it really could have been taken as being bitchy.

I'm sure others will come along explaining how weight loss isn't linear and give more ideas on how to get a handle on everything...
  • jennielyn2845
    Options
    About 2 pounds a week. 1250 calories approximately. I’ve been weighing my food I just thought I get some ideas.
  • jennielyn2845
    Options
    I gotcha no problem
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Been so n a diet and been exercising for 8 weeks now and I’m only down 5 pounds and 3 inches overall. Does anyone have any ideas?

That’s actually a pretty strong rate of loss! I’d say keep doing what you’re doing!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    About 2 pounds a week. 1250 calories approximately. I’ve been weighing my food I just thought I get some ideas.

Looked at some recent entries and you've got some days where nothing is logged and other days where you're only logging a few hundred calories. What is happening on those days?
  • jennielyn2845
    Options
    Ah! I was sick.... you mean last week right?
  • jennielyn2845
    Options
    Also I haven’t been putting in my exercise. Should I?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Ah! I was sick.... you mean last week right?

If you're sick and not eating anything, it's probably going to result in some dehydration. That can mask weight loss temporarily because your body may try to hold on to extra water while you're trying to get well. Hope you're feeling better now!

• jennielyn2845
    Options
    Yes thank you! I just was talking to a couple of other women at my gym and they were saying they lost like 10 12 pounds..
  • TheBigDog29
    TheBigDog29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That’s a good loss. I wouldn’t complain about that at all!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

Just keep up your success. Losing at the rate of .5 pounds a week means 26 pounds would be lost yearly. Losing inches can be life extending.
  • rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    A lot of people lose a lot of weight in the first week if they change up their diet, especially if you’re reducing sodium or carbs or increasing fiber, but that isn’t fat loss. It’s just water/waste. If you didn’t change up in those ways, you might mostly be seeing fat loss while their 10-12 lbs could be mostly water. Entirely possible you’ve lost more fat than them, but it isn’t a contest.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't compare to others. Everyone has a different rate of loss, that comes from so many factors. Enjoy your loss, because you ARE losing.

I have a Facebook friend who started at well over 400lbs. She's dropped to 380 by January, but decided to get really serious and started working out more and being overall more focused. She's now down another 100lbs since then. I started at the end of April and have lost 11lbs. But I have much less to lose and I've set my rate at about 1.25lbs a week. I'd love to drop faster, but I don't want to eat as little as would be required for a 2lb a week loss. I'm just going to be pleased that I'm losing and not feeling like I'm starving. (And still have ice cream and cookies some!)