Injured

Options
I did tabata hiit and I injured myself, it sucks because I wanted to mix up my workouts and I was making progress so now just frustrated of where to go from here.

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on what the injury is as to what you can still do. You certainly don't want to push the injured area if you're experiencing pain. The last thing you want is a serious problem that may take surgery to correct. If it seems really serious and doesn't heal on its own in a week, then you'll want to consider a doctor visit.

Having just come through a lower back injury, as well as a shoulder tendon strain, I had to be really careful the past few weeks. Slow (at first) then moderate walking was OK. After a week or so I was able to get to the swimming pool for aquasize class. Just examples of what I did based on recent injuries. I'm feeling pretty close to normal with the back, but the shoulder is still a bit bothersome. Hoping it's not a rotator cuff issue.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. You don't mention what kind of injury -- can you do cross-training of any kind? When I've been injured in the past and unable to run, I would do what I could on the stationary bike, rowing machine, and elliptical. If you're counting calories, you may need to decrease intake until you're working at the same intensity and time as before. Good luck!