Mowed the yard w/ a push mower

Options
I feel like superwoman right now! I just finished mowing my yard that's half an acre with a push mower! Hot, sweaty, and tired but got my but moving today!

Replies

• KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just think of all those calories you burned! Well done :-)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Wow. When we had a yard that big, my dad would never mow it with anything less than the riding mower.
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have done this 2 weeks in a row and it burns the heck out of calories, wait till you log in your exercise. I was so surprised. It is hot while your working, but I felt great afterwards. GREAT JOB!!!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I love mowing the lawn!! (We have 0.4 acre.)
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I mow mine with a push...but I live in the city, so my yard is 36 feet by 85 feet, and 2/3 of that is house and driveway. Takes me exactly...4 minutes to cut it. Takes longer to get out the extension cord for the trimmer!

I used to live on 1.25 acres. Miss those days, and certainly got a good workout cutting grass!
  • Louieanne
    Louieanne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have done this 2 weeks in a row and it burns the heck out of calories, wait till you log in your exercise. I was so surprised. It is hot while your working, but I felt great afterwards. GREAT JOB!!!

I just put it in and OMG, my husband has been talking about buying a riding mower but I'll fight him tooth and nail. lol
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Our riding mower needs a new part, but I have been getting such a good workout doing it that I haven't ordered the part yet...LoL.... I guess I am burning calories and saving money too so keep on pushing:)
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I mow my front lwn with an old fashioned reel mower, for the excercise. The large back yard still gets done with the riding mower though. I love the days I push mow, because I burn enough calories for a treat like pasta, pizza or ice cream :-)