It’s just two days... Not gonna be three.

Options
pznatti
pznatti Posts: 51 Member
edited June 2018 in Motivation and Support
I’m trying not to look at two days of eating too much as failure, but as a choice instead. I chose to eat more. And today I’ll choose to continue to track everything and make smarter choices. Keeping the motivation going...

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    That's what you gotta do. So many people have a bad day and then just throw up their arms - NOPE. Just pick yourself up by your bootstraps! There are still things you can do. Still that day?

Exercise a bit, reduce that surplus!

Can't tell you how many times I'd go out with friends, when BAM. Surprise cheesecake.

I can't turn down good cheesecake...
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That's it in a nutshell, a lot of people will cave and have a treat and say I had that treat this day is shot and binge the whole day. If you eat it, log it and move on. It is a marathon and not a sprint, you got to live and enjoy life to. You will have slip ups here and there it is not the end of the world. I had a few of my own during my weight loss and in the end I hit my goal weight, just by moving past it and keeping my persistence and focus.

You got this
  • pznatti
    pznatti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you. This helps. ❤️
  • Charrrkuk
    Charrrkuk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    pznatti wrote: »
    I’m trying not to look at two days of eating too much as failure, but as a choice instead. I chose to eat more. And today I’ll choose to continue to track everything and make smarter choices. Keeping the motivation going...

This is me right now... and every weekend it's really frustrating but I do think if you do get straight back onto the right path it's kind of damage limitation! I tried to do it slightly different this weekend as well so instead of eating lots of take away, I ate lots of mostly healthy ish food, I ate chips but home made and things like creamed spinach and chicken, so although I'm annoyed at myself for the 5000 slices of garlic bread, I can tell myself it could have been worse!
  • ADeCapua
    ADeCapua Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you today. Birthday party on Saturday with catered party food. My family wanted to take home leftovers. Eating those, but tonight I'm also making squash and zucchini to cut down the calorie intake. Sunday was Father's Day, and we got take out grinders. Had a leftover quarter of a giant grinder for lunch today. Can't wait until the leftovers are gone. Can't just throw them out. Food budget is too tight this week. And I have a new pulled muscle. Got on the scale today when I shouldn't have, and discovered I gained a few pounds back (argh!). But, what's done is done, and so I just got up off my butt and did a light walking aerobic workout with one of my Leslie Sansone DVD's. Gotta keep working towards my goal, even if I do feel like crap right now. We can do this! Setbacks happen, and like one poster above said, we just have to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps, and keep working at it. We got this! Sigh, back to 57 pounds gone. Many more to lose. But I can do it, and so can you!