Has anyone ever...

Options
You know how once you have closed the diary for the day, the app says, “If everyday was like today you’d weigh... in five weeks”

Well, Has anyone ever tried to eat the same daily diet for the five weeks? Did you hit the goal weight the app said that you would?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You'd not only have to eat the exact same diet (every item precisely measured each time), you'd also have to move the exact same amount at the exact same intensity (both exercise and non-exercise), sleep the exact same amount (down to the minute), drink the exact same amount of fluids, have the exact same sodium intake, and (for a woman) be at the exact same point in your menstrual cycle.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    You'd not only have to eat the exact same diet (every item precisely measured each time), you'd also have to move the exact same amount at the exact same intensity (both exercise and non-exercise), sleep the exact same amount (down to the minute), drink the exact same amount of fluids, have the exact same sodium intake, and (for a woman) be at the exact same point in your menstrual cycle.

IE, it's a gimmick.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

IE, it's a gimmick.

You were much more concise than I. :D
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

IE, it's a gimmick.

You were much more concise than I. :D

I like short and sweet.
  • GoalGal50
    GoalGal50 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

IE, it's a gimmick.
    Lol... yea I guess all things would have to be equal wouldn’t it
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I stopped 'completing' my diary months ago because those messages gave me the irrits.

And I also realised that 'completing' the diary each day didn't seem to do anything else except spawn that annoying message.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    That thing irks me enough that sometimes I'll passively hide the screen with my thumb and dismiss it. I do complete it though because my friends list likes to creep on each other's diaries and it's an easy link. :smile:
  • 0426Jamie
    0426Jamie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I only complete my diary on Mondays. I have been tracking its "estimates" 5 weeks out every week to see if I am staying on trend. I have hit every estimate so far (I started in January), although, I have about two weeks to hit the next low and I think I am going to miss lol.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

IE, it's a gimmick.

It's an estimate.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I have eaten the same number of calories (approximately) for 5 weeks and lost (approximately) the amount that the app predicted. The estimate can only be as accurate as your logging.