Binge Eating Support

Options
Help me I'm in the middle of a horrible and painful binge. 10-15 thousand cals a day for the past 5 days. The physical pain as I write this is almost unbearable. I can't breathe.

But you know what? I won't stop trying. Tomorrow is a new day. And even though this week has been a major set back, I will not let it ruin everything I have. I've been through hell and back. It ends here.

This is a note to myself and to everyone else who knows how I feel right now.. you deserve a better tomorrow. This is the day.

Replies

• etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A day at a time— you can do it!
  • mcw2018mfp
    mcw2018mfp Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Have you read the book Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen? It helped me understand why I binged and that it takes more than just raw determination to stop. It has a deep seated root in your lower brain that as any of us bingers know, can be impossible not to give in to. I hope you give it a read- it helped me a lot. I had been in that horrible cycle for 30 years- so sad I couldn’t have understood how to control it years ago,
  • SlimKim11
    SlimKim11 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I second Brain Over Binge. You can find lots of info online through Google and YouTube about it. I read up on the concept of "urge surfing ". Almost 2 months binge free right now. Keep trying. You will find something that works for you...just don't give up!