Gained a pound but don’t know why??

Back track to yeaterday it was 93 degrees here in Chicago , my dad for Father’s Day asked me to take him to the local zoo. Here’s what I ate lunch : 4 piece chicken nuggets 100 calorie fry and apple slices , for dinner a chicken breast sandwich and breaded mushrooms and 1 slice of square pizza . Total calories ate was 1545 I’m allowed 1550 a day. I also walked 13000 steps and was pushing 2 kids in a double stroller the whole time. I woke up excited and seen I gained a pound... any one have any help for me or know why ??

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    sodium
  • disney_addict_1028
    disney_addict_1028 Posts: 95 Member
    Thanks all
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Same thing happened to me yesterday despite sticking to my calories i seem to have put on 1 1/2 pounds in 1 day...
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    May also be constipation ?...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Sodium, heat, unfamiliar movement and bit more fluid in muscles, menstruation near...
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Weight will vary 2-5 pounds in any given day. You can weigh daily just to see how different things might effect you, but it is absolutely useless for tracking true weight loss. To get a proper view of pounds lost, weigh once a week over a month and compare weight at the start and weight at the end. Don't worry about a pound here and there, but you should see a loss over time if you have your caloric deficit correct, you track properly, and you consistently stick to it.

All the best.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2018
    Salty salt salt salt...water retention...orrrr, a bigger poop yesterday a than today....orrr water retention for muscle repair if you don't usually walk that much.

Likely a combination ;)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Salt, hormonal shift, stress - all equal water retention. If you keep an eye on this over time you'll start to see a wave like trend. My water weight fluctuates ~ 5 lbs throughout the day. No big deal this is just normal.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Weight loss is not linear. I weigh myself everyday, but it is with the understanding that some days I'll be up and some will be down. As long as the overall trend is down, you're fine.

As to why the scale is showing a gain, I think those reasons have been covered above.
  • Almina
    Almina Posts: 13 Member
    Very hot humid weather both Saturday and Sunday here, I put on 5 pounds over both days.
    Monday down 3 and today down 1 more. Got to be water retention.
    I think this can be expected on those kinds of days especially when eating out.
    Restaurants use a lot of salt when they cook.