Faster, faster?

Options
So, I've finally lost 15lbs. My goal is to lose another 25.

On the one hand, YAY, I lost 15 lbs and I did it without feeling resentful, or secretly waiting until the diet was over. I even made it through the summer with lots of eating out and opportunities for candy with a net loss. That's serious progress for me.

On the other hand, it took me since February to lose those 15lbs. That seems really, really slow even if I remember that I had a 4 week period of illness that kept me from exercising and added 2lbs that I had to re-lose. I don't know if my progress overall means I've found a healthy balance of lifestyle that allows me to eat well and slowly lose the excess, or if it means I'm slacking and need to step up my game.

What do you guys think? I'd especially like to hear from people who had long term success keeping the weight off, not just losing and re-gaining.

Replies

• tilda_g
    tilda_g Posts: 19
    Options
    It's taken me 9 weeks to lose 6lbs, don't worry! It's about keeping steady and maintaining as much as the losing. You could lose faster but it'd be so unhealthy and completely unsustainable. Everyone's different and you're a champ for all your hard work!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    How would you feel if you gained 15 lbs since February?

I don't think it matters if it's fast. It matters that it HAPPENS!
  • raydeb
    raydeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Slow and sure its the best way to go Its all in the right direction Long tern you will have a beetter result

Good luck
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    How would you feel if you gained 15 lbs since February?

I don't think it matters if it's fast. It matters that it HAPPENS!

Wow - that really puts it in perspective. I've had years where I did gain 15lbs in that much time or less. Thanks, everybody!
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    "slow and study wins the race"