Rewarding Yourself

Options
I was wondering what everyone is doing to reward themselves for keeping on track. Do you have something special planned when you reach certain milestones in your weight loss or fitness journey?

I really want to get caramel highlights in my hair just around my face, but I can't afford them right now. So, I've decided to turn that into a reward; If I reach my short term goal of losing 20lbs by my birthday I will treat myself to the highlights! It'll make a great birthday present and reward for staying on track!

What is your reward?

Replies

• HoLynne
    HoLynne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I believe I will need to reward myself to a shopping trip when I reach my final goal, as hopefully nothing will fit anymore. Can't wait!!!
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    when I lost 20 I bought a waterbottle. when I lost 50. I bought a pretty pink bike. for when i lost 70. I bought a beautiful on Sale Diamond neckalace. When I hit 80. I got 3 new piercings done for a great Discount!.
    I don't have any other big ones yet. But when I reach my goal weight of 170 I want to get a corset piercing done
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Im going to reward myself too. I need new curtains, yep curtains ( im wierd, lol) so that'll be my reward. Along with new bed set.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    I'm aiming to reach a 7000m peak and rock climb a big wall one day, those will be my rewards for loosing weight and getting fit again!

As for clothes, I'll stick all mine in the tumble dryer on "hot" as that usually shrinks them a bit :o)
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    I personally don't need material goods to reward myself.
    Besides, what is a better reward than seeing the number on the scale? And knowing that you have accomplished your goal?
  • ksheppard0509
    Options
    When I get down to 160 my husband is rewarding me with either a spa day or a shopping spree, which ever one I want. Then when reach my final goal of 150 I am getting my one and only tattoo! Oh, I can't wait!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I did and plan on doing it again when I finally hit my goal.

When I hit the half-way point I treated myself to a wrist-watch worth about US$700 (it's the first time I've owned a watch worth more than $20 in my life).

When I finally hit my goal I intend to treat myself to a new suit (probably about $500 - $600 worth).

:bigsmile:
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting until I reach my goal weight (a loss of about another 14lb) and then I am going to treat myself to another tattoo. I am currently looking into designs etc. I'm mad on fishing so I thought a carp on my lower leg.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I love rewards! I reward myself quite often. I figure I'm working my booty off (quite literally) so why not reward myself? I try to reward myself when i get to every new tenth place (170, 160, etc.) and once I reach every -10 lb mark. At -10 I got a pedicure. At -18, I'm going grocery shopping at this upscale grocery store that has a lot of healthy food. At -20 I'm going for a haircut. After that, I don't have my rewards in place yet, but I try to think of things that are in the area of this healthier lifestyle. Often they are things I would have gotten anyway, but they are more rewarding when I have put them off for a little while and worked toward it.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    why don't you for every pound you lose put 2 dollars/pounds into a jar so when you have lost 20lbs you have 40 pounds to spend on your hair

I reward myself with clothes or sexy lingerie!!!
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    Besides, what is a better reward than seeing the number on the scale? And knowing that you have accomplished your goal?

I would love to say that, but honestly I could use some fitting clothing to go with that new figure lol. That's my ultimate reward, clothing that fits, looks, and feel better than the clothes I previously wore.
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I would love to say that, but honestly I could use some fitting clothing to go with that new figure lol. That's my ultimate reward, clothing that fits, looks, and feel better than the clothes I previously wore.

The "material" goods that I reward myself with are things that I really want, but can't afford to just go out and get whenever I feel like it. So I make it a reward which forces me to save up for it. I can't just go out and get anything I want whenever I want it. So, disciplining myself to save the money along with the discipline it takes to keep on track is well deserved!
  • GemSola
    GemSola Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm still figuring out how i want to reward myself, but I figured a big end reward will be redoing my room. Give it a nice little makeover, maybe repaint it and replace a thing or two like my dresser (I swear it's gonna fall apart within the next year or so =_= ) one or two mini goals will be to go on a shopping spree for clothe, and maybe go get a manicure and pedicure!
  • alemj
    alemj Posts: 8
    Options
    I went shopping today for some new clothes, cuz most of my last year's clothes don't fit. I was so sad to see the impact 25 extra pounds have on my body. Last year I order online blouses size M, this year bought L n even XL. I was not happy, but need the clothes. So I told myself instead of getting depressed, I'm going to drop those pounds!!!! And when I do, Im going to reward myself with a complete outfit (from head to toes) da works!!! I know I can do it ;->