Iced Coffee recipes

CarrieAnnH14
CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
edited June 2018 in Recipes
I just found this recipe doing a search for almond milk iced coffee. I used unsweetened cashew milk though.....2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 3 TBS hot water. Fill cup with ice - add 6 oz unsweetened cashew milk. Add 1 TBS French vanilla creamer. Add the coffee. Stir up and enjoy! It was 48 calories, 33% daily calcium, 6g carb and 2g protein.

I also found this recipe - have not tried it yet as I have my coffee chilling in the fridge. But chill 10 ounces brewed coffee. Make 2 oz of the coffee hot in the microwave, add packet of 25 calorie hot chocolate (I am using swiss miss sensible sweets light), Fill a bigger cup with about a cup of ice, add 4 oz unsweetened cashew milk, pour 8 ounces cold coffee in, then add hot chocolate/coffee mix. Stir it up. This one is 38 calories, 1g fat, 5g carb and 2g protein and 53% daily calcium. I hope it is good - as I do enjoy iced mocha.

Does anyone else have some good ideas for calorie conscious iced coffee drinks?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I put 2 shots of coffee, cold water (sometimes milk), protein powder and coconut butter in a blender with ice. It's blends up to a frappe consistency.

I use a WPI for the protein - Putting the cold water into the coffee before the protein is important as whey clumps in hot liquids and has a disgusting texture...
  • x2008nhi343
    x2008nhi343 Posts: 3 Member
    I add about 1/3 of a premier protein shake (vanilla or chocolate) to a cup coffee - works well hot or iced!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I’ve been making cold brew coffee. It tastes so much better lol.... I just make a pitcher of it and it only lasts me like 3 days because I drink the crap out of it. I just add a little half and half and sugar. Not many calories at all. Maybe 30 total per drink. (I make the sugar into a syrup by heating up equal parts sugar and water and I keep a little jar in the fridge. Since regular sugar wouldn’t dissolve in my cold coffee)
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2018
    I just make a big over-ice brew (setting) on my Ninja, add a few drops of sf hazlenut syrup and 1/2 cup of coconut almond milk. Terrific. I can do without the hazlenut syrup most of the time, but I own it so I'll use it.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Second vote for the cold brew! Easy to do with a french press and so smooth I use hardly any sugar. I like it with almond milk for mornings and half and half for a treat.
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    I buy cold brewed coffee from safeway, add half & half, sugar free vanilla syrup and a splenda packet. Super creamy & yummy!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I mix a half scoop of vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder in a bit of water in the bottom of my cup, fill with ice then brew my coffee (Kuerig pod) in to this hyper chiller and pour over top. It keeps the coffee from getting watered down and makes a delicious iced coffee0owmfxpk8vb1.jpg
  • zenjen2
    zenjen2 Posts: 1 Member
    I also make cold brew coffee. I just recently found a recipe on Food52, which is delicious. You add a little brown sugar and cinnamon to the brewing of your grounds! Then I use a touch of almond milk to the coffee itself. I don’t normally take sugar in my coffee, but I use it as a slight pick me up in the afternoon.
  • amandasue6858
    amandasue6858 Posts: 1 Member
    I also use cold brew coffee but I add one scoop of protein powder (I’m currently using fitmiss cappuccino but I’ve tried just regular chocolate and vanilla as well) 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond coconut blended milk and 1 cup of cold brew coffee I love it I drink one every day
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    I make a faux Skinny Vanilla Iced Latte for 40 calories -- I actually prefer this to Starbucks!

4 oz Trader Joe's concentrated cold brew
    8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    3 Tb sugar free vanilla syrup - I use Torani's

I made once with a different brand of cold brew that was not concentrated and it was really bad.
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 172 Member
    I use a cold brew pitcher from Target ($20) and locally roasted beans. I let it "brew" for ~24 hours. I then use it to drink a 50/50 mixture with skim milk in a coffee cup. I pour the extra in a half growler we had laying around and store it in the fridge. I typically get about a weeks worth of coffee out of the brew.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    I make a cold brew coffee concentrate (12 oz bag ground espresso in 8 cups water, 24-36 hours at room temperate, strained thru cheese cloth twice). 2 parts concentrate to 1 part flavored creamer of my choice over chipped ice. A wonderful summertime treat.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    What great ideas, needed this info, thanks!
  • Maggiem51
    Maggiem51 Posts: 7 Member
    Oh this sounds good. I gave up my ice coffee to eliminate the calories.
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    I’m another fan of protein powder. I just used nectars chocolate truffle powder in my coffee this morning and was pleasantly surprised with how yummy it was. My sister also buys bottles of protein shakes and just adds shots of espresso to it.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    I just did this and it's really good:

Brewed a vanilla Biscotti keurig pod.
    Poured it into ice cube trays and froze.
    Put the frz cubes in my cup.
    Added 300 ml almond milk.
    Added 2 oz hazelnut sugar free coffee syrup.
    Stirred, drank, and enjoyed it a lot!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    If you love flavoured coffees hot or cold I highly recommend skinny girl syrups. I brew coffee, add some syrup, and fill it up with vanilla flavoured almond milk with some ice cubes.

eube49epu635.jpeg