Ladies.. PMT can't stop eating!!

Options
Charrrkuk
Charrrkuk Posts: 15 Member
Just wondered if I am the only person who is permanently ravenous at that time of the month, I'm trying seriously hard to stay under a calorie deficit or at least if I do go over to go over on healthy stuff.. if I'm not the only person and a really hope I'm not, what do you Do? I'm actually getting hangry and it's not a pretty sight! X

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I actually get ravenous the week before and the week of I barely want to eat anything. I pretty much go with if I am hungry then I eat.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Take a couple days and eat up to maintenance.
  • mblundell2
    mblundell2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Try eating more protein and more fiber. Things that keep you satisfied for longer periods of time.
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I definitely get hungry that time of the month, there is always one day in particular right at the beginning where I want to eat all the things. I usually try to stay hydrated, get plenty of sleep/rest and engage in physical activity to help with cramps, and I find it also helps with my appetite if I'm well rested and have exercised. I also do allow myself an indulgence that time of the month, like if I want chocolate ice cream I'm going for it, but I'll also make sure to fit it into my calorie allowance for the day and eat plenty of vegetables as well. Protein is also helpful as mentioned above.
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I haven’t been on MFP long enough to experience that week but I’m hoping I remember so long as it’s within the calorie limit?? I figure I’ll sideline macros for that time (maybe not the brightest idea??) but I’m realizing it’s important for me to enjoy foods I like without feeling “I can’t eat this” all the daam time (because I seem to only want to eat indulgent things lol!!)
  • Charrrkuk
    Charrrkuk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I feel like I've just eaten my body weight in broccoli and meat but at Least I haven't touched the chocolate cake..yet!
  • dawncarley22
    dawncarley22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yea I am with you hun...I am like minus 152 on my calorie count tonight cause I had some of my kids cheesecake, a mini cupcake and a little bit more for meals calorie wise...and didn't exercise....I say whatever get back on track tomorrow....one day is not gonna kill you...I may have put a couple of pounds back on but seriously I don't care because I will just work that much harder on my workouts once this crap stops. I feel for you...I think well I didn't eat the whole thing of cheesecake or a big bowl of ice cream so I give myself some credit for not going overboard!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Charrrkuk wrote: »
    Thanks guys I feel like I've just eaten my body weight in broccoli and meat but at Least I haven't touched the chocolate cake..yet!

Broccoli is my secret weapon when I can’t shake hunger. Sometimes volume eating is the only workable solution. I like broccoli, so it works. I can replace a tiny sprinkle of flax seeds with a huge bowl of broccoli and feel more sated.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's definitely me from about ovulation until aunt flow arrives. There have been a few days where I've had to eat more at maintenance than at a deficit. Exercising more during those days could help too if you want to eat more calories.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Same here!!! I actually just figured out PMS is to blame for this and the 10 lb. weight gain OVERNIGHT. I just ate what i wanted because it was too discouraging for me to log everything and see myself going way over my calorie goal the entire week. So next time around I'm going to do what another poster suggested-- change goal to maintenance and try not to exceed that.

Drinking a ton of water helped, so did taking Pamprin (no caffeine), low calorie popsicles because I really crave sweets, and eating meat helped me feel fuller. Fascinating how our bodies work!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Even at maintenance the impulses are crazy. I find you just have to ride it out and be as strict as you can.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Even at maintenance the impulses are crazy. I find you just have to ride it out and be as strict as you can.

Yeah.. my maintenance calories don't even cut it those days, unless I walk 25k steps or something.